The Republic today continues a series of snapshots of area nonprofits. The series lists agencies’ needs through the Grant A Wish program administered by the Heritage Fund — The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County through the end of the year.
Pregnancy Care Centers of South Central Indiana
● $75 will provide one sonogram to a client.
● $40 would provide one car seat to a client.
● $17 would provide one HIV test to a client at no cost to him/her.
Reach Healthy Communities
● $20 will provide a partial scholarship for Volunteers In Medicine patients who would normally not be able to attend the Dining with Diabetes series.
● $40 would provide one blood pressure cuff to a Volunteers In Medicine patient with chronic disease to monitor his blood pressure from home.
● $40 would provide 50 breast milk storage and handling magnets that would be given to new parents at the Columbus Regional Health Birthing Center.
● $20 will provide one new, thick blanket to a community member in need.
● $20 will provide two children with five pairs of new underwear each.
● $40 would provide a family of four with an entire set of new kitchen utensils including a pot, pan, skillet, cups, plates and serving items.
Su Casa Columbus
● $150 will provide a wall brochure display.
● $300 will provide an extra needed desktop.
● $300 will provide a meal, safety check and nutrition education for an older individual who is home-bound for three months. For every $1 invested into the meals program, there is a $50 savings in Medicare expenses.
● $100 will provide the Families with a Future Program with an induction burner. This would allow the program to conduct many nutrition and cooking classes to seniors, parents with young children and teen groups.
● $30 will provide a guardianship client with a gift and card to celebrate a birthday. For many clients, Thrive Alliance represents the only “family” they have and these gifts are usually all they will receive.
Donations to the Grant A Wish campaign can be made online. Information and donations: heritagefundbc.org