Orchids to …
• Tim the pharmacist at Kroger for helping re-unite the older couple at Kroger last Friday — you’re so wonderful.
• Kathy Gregory, the July provider of the month for Seniors Helping Seniors.
• our city council for listening to the residents of Columbus and taking the time to help Columbus by seeking out the best comprehensive solution to link the People Trails across the river, from an appreciative voter.
• to the city of Columbus for the excellent repaving of the west end of County Road 50N by U.S. 31., from Bill Starr.
• Bartholomew County Highway Department for trimming bushes/trees at the intersection of county roads 600E and 600N, making it safe to cross the road, from area residents.
• Melody at Walgreens photo center for her help in making copies of old pictures for me, from Sharon Snyder.
• the helpful and pleasant staff at the Walgreens on Jonathan Moore Pike.
• Larry Perkinson on his book signing at Viewpoint this past Monday.
• Don Goodwin for your wonderful letter in Wednesday’s paper regarding the steps taking our country farther away from God, from Evangeline Lee.
• the individuals who attended the recent city council meeting and shared their support for a collaborative and comprehensive planning process to link the downtown People Trails to the west side.
Onions to …
• false prophets who spread gospel of bigotry and intolerance.
• those who believe that government spending has a place at every level in our country and that government should regulate every aspect of our lives.
• the people who have been arrested for drugs, get out of jail, go back home and put their neighborhoods at risk.
• those who believe the Bible is fiction.
• those for leaving pieces of uprooted trees and limbs laying too close to the edge of County Road 400N, which can cause a punctured tire or wreck.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kimmie Dillahay, from Maryka, Jake and family.
• Susan Repp.
• Janet Fiesbeck, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Judy Brown, from Darrin and Holly.
• Janet Fiesbeck, from Bob, Jeri and Leroy.
• Katherine Knuls, from Jean Patrick.
• our Granddaughter Brianna Stillinger, from Gammy and Papaw Hewitt.
• Joe Bronnert, from Ron and Sara.
• Evelyn Blackburn, from Kari Kerns.
• Karen Mize, from Dad, Mom and family.
• Harold Fox, from the Hack family.
• Karen Mize.
• Herb Boilanger.
• Erynn Shaw.
• Madyson Jones.
• Andrea Sullivan.
• Collin Crawford, from your family.
• Janice Simmons, from Henley, Michelle, Andrew, Vera, Ron, Larry, Retha, Becky and the rest of your family.
• Steve Shumard, from Retha Greathouse.
• Dylan Thixton, from Nana, Pawpaw, Jeremy, Brittney, Kaylin, Morgan, Jeff, Amy, Tye, Trey, Dad, Mom, Kendra, Carrie and Tyler.
• Lenora Mae Jeffries, from Marie Jo.
• Philip Klinker, from Ms. Marie.
• Karen Johnson, from Mom, Dad, Rita, Debbie, Wayne, Tyreese and the rest of the family.
• Ruth Smith, from Janice.
• Chuck Mee.
Belated Wishes to …
• Clyde Hoy, from Elsie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Tina and Chuck Boddie, from your family and Donna.