Orchids to …
• The Wrays gospel singers for the wonderful concert on Sunday at Parkside Baptist Church.
• Joel and Dylan at Walmart Connect Center, Joel for finding the right phone for me and for all your hard work getting me connected, and Dylan for putting the screen saver on my phone and being so helpful, from Paula Fetter.
• county government and all those who serve.
• the couple at the Charlie Daniels concert who picked me up and half carried me to my car, your kindness will never be forgotten.
• Paul and Jean Carr of Carr Laminating Services for their awesome services.
• Jan Burris and Samantha Deshong for doing all the little extras for us here at Four Seasons, from Mary Fenske.
• Sasha at Stride Rite at the outlet mall for excellent customer service on Friday, from a happy grandma.
• nurses Marla, Jessie, Stephanie, Lisa, Aidee and Dr. Dorenbusch on the fourth floor of Columbus Regional Hospital for taking good care of Joan Allman.
• Officers Richardson and Velten who helped me when my car broke down on Sunday on Marr Road, from an appreciative motorist.
• The Woodsman Quartet for wonderful singing on the lawn at the Church of the Nazarene in Edinburgh, from Karen Smith.
• the Rev. Chuck Crossland for the wonderful preaching at the Sixth Street General Baptist Church revival, from Joyce.
• The Sandwich Shop for having the best meatloaf in town, from Kim.
Onions to …
• those for closing major lanes of traffic during morning rush hour when the work could be done after the 8 a.m. hour.
• whomever is responsible for the right lane of State Street being closed while no construction was taking place that caused the major traffic jam during the morning work commute.
• the person complaining about a semi driver starting and running their truck for long periods of time, day and night; you need to research semi trucks before you complain because they aren’t like a passenger vehicle you can jump into, start and go.
• The Republic for its article about the social media activities of public officials.
• Columbus for being welcoming but not very friendly.
• our political parties for all their fighting, because it makes me ashamed to live in Columbus.
• the state agency that has not mowed the median into Columbus on U.S. 31 North.
• all elected officials who act like children on social media.
• the person who drives a silver GMC and who is always parked in an employee of the month spot.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jennifer Manning
• Johannah H. Pollert
• Darin Pruden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Nena Walls, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• John Repp.
• David Bragg.
• Kathleen Harker.
• Dustin Gilbert.
• Claire Brouse on No. 4, from Dad, Mom, Noah and all your family.
• Flora Manlies on No. 99, from your friends at Memorial Baptist Church.
• Cindy Setser, from Evelyn and Charisse.
• Tyler Rowe on No. 17, from Ma Maw, Pa Paw, Great-Grandma and Aubrey.
• Josie Burbrink on No. 13, from Mom, Dad, Grace, Ellie and Jacob.
Belated Wishes to …
• George Uppling Jr.
• Tyler Selts, from Dove Ministries.