Orchids to …
• true Christians who live Pope Francis’ example of “Who am I to judge?”
• Mrs. Baker for being a great Parkside math teacher, from Benjamin.
• Huck’s in Hope for having better gas prices.
• Chelsea at Walmart for being such a compassionate and caring young lady who helped me at the check-out lane and helping me get my things into my car, from Carol.
• all the nurses in the NIC and ICU at Columbus Regional Hospital — you were fantastic taking care of the twins, from the Isaacs.
• all family and friends who came to help me celebrate my 90th birthday and the gifts from Jewell Fields and the Fields family, from Mr. England.
• the Simmermaker family for receiving the Hoosier Homestead Award.
• Dr. Benjamin at Benjamin Podiatry and his staff for all of your wonderful care, from a grateful client.
• Larry and the crew at Superior Drywall for another job well done, from a satisfied customer.
• Columbus Regional Cancer Center staff for taking such good care of Charlene Cody.
Onions to …
• those for having sprinklers along Washington Street on and spraying the roadway and cars during the morning commute.
• banks who drag on and on before they give you a loan.
• the restaurant that messes up three times out of four, does not put silverware in carryout orders, does not put butter out for the rolls, leaves a side out of the order and gave me cold food.
• those for wanting to lump me and others over 40 into an unnecessary ordinance change.
• those who do not realize that times and cultures change, but God never changes.
• elected official who has plenty of time to comment on social media but misses meetings.
Happy Birthday to …
• M’liss Fier, from your family and Donna.
• Alexis Carr, from your family.
• Keith Dick, from your family and Donna.
• Dana Drake-Cox, from your co-workers and Donna.
• Devin Turner from Mom, Clayton, Ma maw Turner, Pa paw Turner, Great Grandpa and Grandma Long and the rest of the family.
• Patricia Lee, from Mother, Lindsey, Logan, Joshlyn, Gavin, Jeremiah and Michael.
• Alexis Carr, from the family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bev and Jerry Hewitt, from Rodney and Rhonda Hewitt.
Belated Wishes to …
• Dona and Alice Weddle, from the Weddle family.