Orchids to …
• Johnny’s Muffler Service for great customer service and trustworthy advice and repair.
• John Boldt on your great letter, as many of us agree with you.
• Commissioner Rick Flohr for speaking the truth about funding the county annex when it does not benefit all county employees and will burden county taxpayers.
• Anita Gauck for her excellent letter warning us of the emerging threat to our liberty, from Don Strietelmeier.
• Harold and Kathy Crim for all the exceptional continuing care given, from Mom, Dad and sister Tina.
• all the contractors who have done a fabulous job paving so many of our roads.
Onions to …
• our mail delivery people who leave our outgoing mail at other patrons’ homes.
• The Republic paper delivery driver in Lowell addition who consistently turns around in our driveway when asked not to on several occasions.
• the people who let their cats run wild and keep their dog locked up in its own filth 24/7.
• the people who have turned their city dwelling into a barnyard on the east side.
• the elected official who continues to hold the county hostage and never shows any leadership, passing the blame to others.
• the mother who claims to be cleaning all the time but actually has her children living in a house of filth.
• the person who shot 12 beautiful Canada geese on Long Road over the weekend.
• The Republic for reversing the photo with the Looking Back feature Tuesday, showing the boy throwing left-handed and all the signs unreadable.
• the sports writer who thinks Columbus North is the only high school in Columbus.
• the lousy paving job on Deaver Road between County Road 150 and the overpass.
• the officer searching a vehicle, damaging the radio and other contents and then just leaving.
• the group that caters to young professionals which is practicing age discrimination.
Happy Birthday to …
• Diane Smith, from your family and Donna.
• Jeanine Fisher, from your family, card club, the Reas and Donna.
• Kathryn Amos, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Andrew Burker, from your family and Donna.
• Edward Johnson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Martha West.
• Joslin Martin, from your mother.
• Caulvette Kenney, from your friends, family and Posse.
• Pat McInter, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Connie Oliver, from Stacey, John and boys.
• Mattie Kendall, from Dad, Angie, Elizabeth and all your family.
• Joslin Martin, from Grandma Rhonda.
Belated Wishes to …
• Bob Webb on No. 83, from Nora and Jim.
• Junior Wall, from Sandy, Megan, Nick and Alexis.
• Ginger Jordan, from Mom, Dad, Natalie, Mollie, Frank and Reid.
• Clint Imel, from friends at Hot Meals.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Kimberly Milligan, from your husband.
• Rick and Sarah Jewell, from all of your family and friends.
• Paul and Kim Milligan, from all of your family and friends.
• Bob and Jo Childs on No. 61, from Marcella.
• Paul Milligan, from your wife.