• Thought for the Day
• “It is as fatal as it is cowardly to blink (at) facts because they are not to our taste.”
• — John Tyndall
• English physicist, 1820-1893
Orchids to …
• Coaches Steve Long and Eric Kapczynski for a wonderful first soccer experience, from the Cooper family.
• Mt. Healthy Book Buddies program and the wonderful volunteers who have made this Book Buddies year get off to a great start as the children and I couldn’t do it without you and you are appreciated more than you know.
• Dale, Mark, Tyler and Daniel for all your help installing my new battery at AutoZone West Side, from Mrs. Welch.
• Dr. Davis and staff for awesome and quick service Wednesday, from a very grateful patient.
• the man and woman who paid for my groceries Tuesday at Walmart when I couldn’t find my debit card, from a very thankful woman.
• my daughter Linda Vogel for taking me to the doctor and shopping.
• Roy and Diane Luster for coming over to wash my windows.
• Marilyn Crouch for the beautiful lawn cross, from Norma Smith.
• Sallie Morris at Sans Souci who helped the diabetic who was sick, your kindness is very appreciated.
Onions to …
• the public official who continues to make Columbus look bad.
• retailers for not realizing that one reason they can’t find good help might be the way they treat their employees.
• The Republic’s article which I think paints such a rosy picture about jobs but makes people who can’t find work feel inadequate and flawed.
• the thieving, dishonest low-life who stole my wallet and attempted to use my credit cards.
• bike riders who don’t think that one-way streets apply to them when they do.
• the driver of the SUV who went the wrong way on Second Street, despite cars honking horns for a half mile and almost causing an accident on Wednesday afternoon.
• whoever decided to have a clothes giveaway in the path of the marathon during the marathon.
• undependable newspaper carriers.
• gas price gouging Wednesday by 30 cents.
• the so-called coach who does not understand the concept of team.
• the black Land Cruiser driver on Thursday morning who didn’t stop for stop signs on Rocky Ford Road and pulled out in front of a lot of people.
• the check-out staff at the business who were very rude, from a long-term customer.
• employers in retail who are not saying that they are only looking for seasonal workers.
• people who buy animals when there are so many free animals at the shelters.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kyle Adcock, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Julie Huber, from your family and Donna.
• Karen Dobbs, from your family and Donna.
• Sherry Smith, from your family and Donna.
• Ricky Wagner, from your family and Donna.
• Brandy Walters, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Duane Burton, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Marsha Ayers, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Clinta Mae Everroad.
• Lee Hamilton, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ben Swinford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lotus Lawson.
• Jason Johnson, from the family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Sean Kerns, from Mom, Dad and Vicki.
• Jim Lyons, from your friends at Cummins COB.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Kevin and Lorrianne Porter, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Ken and Donna Clark, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning