Orchids to …
• the wife who waited for her husband to get done looking at Star Wars toys in Walmart, from a passing customer.
• the Saab driver Saturday morning at Starbucks for my morning coffees, from the person behind you.
• Nichols Body Shop for their excellent and timely repair of our Ford Fusion.
• Jenni Lowery, Paula Hartwell and the youth group girls for coming and supporting Megan at the basketball game, from Megan Vetter and family.
• Dr. Terrell, Dr. Kaiser, Dr. Roeder, Amy in the ER, the X-ray and CT staff, Vivian, Stephanie and Kris from IV therapy for taking such good care of me during my visit to the ER, from John Brooks.
• Keepsake Village and the hardworking staff for the wonderful Thanksgiving meal provided for the residents and family members, from a daughter of a resident.
• the youth at First United Methodist Church for a very inspirational church service on Sunday, from Mary Ann.
• Dr. Manalac at Columbus Regional Hospital for going above and beyond by calling a patient’s relatives who were out of state.
• The Republic for offering the Orchids column.
• John Tinkey for his kindness and caring concern for others.
• the staff at Arby’s on 25th Street for giving Paul gifts and making him so happy.
• Lincoln Center Skate Club families for their hard work putting on a great Indiana Figure Skating Championship.
• Fireman Alan Smith and all the other firefighters who came to my home when my oven was on fire. You are all so sweet and I love you all, from Margie Peach.
• the voters of District 2 for the much-needed change and the one bright spot in the elections.
• the Mike Pence administration for the moratorium on immigration to the state, from Paul.
• Mrs. Cox for the extra kindness during the holidays for taking care of your mother, from your caregivers.
Onions to …
• people forgetting the history of World War II and how after Pearl Harbor the United States restricted Japanese and German immigrants to prevent sabotage inside the U.S.
• the apologists who continue to beat a dead horse for an outgoing elected official.
• the west side eatery which assumed everyone in the restaurant wanted to hear the blaring audio of a college basketball game.
• the carrier in Seymour who threw my Sunday paper in my driveway on Monday afternoon after it started raining.
• whoever brought the hawks in to downtown Columbus as they are now preying on small pets.
• those who are responsible for not cleaning up the vacant business on 22nd and Cottage streets as it is a mess.
Happy Birthday to …
• Lisa M. Burns.
• Gary Robbins, from your sister Trish and nephews Tanner and Toby.
• Steve Elmerick, from your family and Donna.
• Sheryl Chatham, from your family, Edith, Linda and Donna.
• Jerry Sharp, from your family and Donna.
• Mike Hageman, from your family and Donna.
• Kimberly E. Tabor.
• Julie Meredith, from Valeria, Sheila, Carole, Cheryl, Anne, Eris, Pat, Debbie, Nancy, Cindy and Jane.
• Dustin Pruden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Betty Bush, from Clifford Chapter Order of the Eastern Star.
• Don Harris.
• Zachary Burke.
• Todd Boilanger.
• Carter Anliker, from family and friends.
• Bill Gutknecht, from Mt. Pleasant Christian Union Church.
• Linda Metz, from Mt. Pleasant Christian Union Church.
• Paul Zeigler.
• John Lee, from a friend.
Belated Wishes to …
• Patty Glasson Moody, from Aunt Elsie.
• John and Emily Blanford, from the Garrison family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Kennith and Vera Merideth, from your son Mark.