Orchids to …
• Tri-State Artisans for not only having a high-quality store with year-round arts and crafts shows, but having classes with instructors who help even the most uncreative person learn, have fun and feel like an artist.
• Carl Malysz for your spot-on letter to the editor about the the newspaper and the city council, from an appreciative city resident.
• Carolyn, Alice and all their cohorts for the great gathering of residents for Thanksgiving lunch on Wednesday, from their friends at Fairington Court.
• the people of Columbus who have made the decision to move our community forward in 2016.
• Larry at Renner Honda service department for the great service on Wednesday, from the couple in the black CRV.
• Steve and Jordan at Barker Brothers Plumbing for being pleasant and doing efficient and tidy work.
• Carl Malysz for being the consummate professional and for providing unprecedented expertise needed by the city to resolve long-standing problems in our community.
• Savannah, the Lowe’s employee, who was kind and understanding and always had a smile while helping me and my picky husband.
• Keepsake Village for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal for residents and families, from an appreciative family member.
• the David Wilson family for the gloves, from a friend.
• Gov. Mike Pence for thinking of our safety first and realizing this is a whole different ballgame.
• Bryan Burton at the Department of Public Works for taking care of the operators.
• all the staff at Columbus Transit for your kindness, from Lola.
• Carl Malysz for your outstanding letter.
• Harry McCawley for an awesome article and the truth, from a reader.
• the secret Santa in red SUV for paying for my McDonald’s breakfast because you made my day, from Chris Sylke.
• Brock Harris and Luke Manley for their help with the new TV, from Don and Patsy Harris.
• MainSource Bank and Elwood Staffing for their extraordinarily generous support of Heritage Fund’s Grant-A-Wish program.
• my neighbor for letting my nephew borrow a leaf blower to take care of my leaves, from Judy.
• Scott and his crew at SAK Automotive for the great work you did fixing my friend’s Jeep, from Jerry Hinderliter.
Onions to …
• the person who is in an abusive relationship and continues to make excuses for their behavior.
• those who believe we now have a monarchy and the rest of us should remain quiet, which is not going to happen because we, too, are stakeholders of this community and will remain vigilant and vocal.
• people who would still complain about gas prices even if they fell below $1 as long as places other than Columbus were selling gas for a few cents less.
• the letter writers who continue to squander their dwindling credibility by citing half-truths and demonstrating they are incapable of letting go.
• the person who posted negative comments on social media regarding “haters” of the State Street revitalization project.
• our new mail carrier who never shuts the mail box through rain or shine.
• the person who is still putting in Onions about the low gas prices.
• the letter to the editor writer regarding poor treatment of the mayor by the newspaper or the city council.
• neighbors who do nothing to maintain their house or yards and take pride in nothing that they have.
• family members who always say they have no money but still are never home but always out running.
• the newspaper that prints unrealistic Orchids.
Happy Birthday to …
• Joellen Criswell, from your co-workers and Donna
• Sandy Benefield, from Donna
• JoElla Small, from your family and Donna
• Kasondra Capes, from Mom, Dad and Ryan.
• Kasondra Capes, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Paul Nading, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lexy McFall, from Brown’s Corner Chapel Church.
• Brandon Weddle, from Mom, Grandma Becky, Chauncey, Tyler, Brianna, Dashawn, Bentlee and the rest of the family.
• Sandy Hoover.
• Cassie Myers.
• Emma Robertson.
• Grayson Ripley.
• John Paetzel.
Belated Wishes to …
• Matthew Gosman, from Judy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mick and Teresa Turner.
• Eric and Holly Elkins.
Belated Wishes to …
• John and Kari Kerns, from Mom and Dad Willis.