Orchids to …
• Dr. Benjamin and staff for having some of the best customer service skills in Columbus and to Dr. Benjamin for being a great doctor and surgeon.
• all those who planned and implemented the tree lighting at City Hall and The Commons as it is a beautiful start to the season, from Cathy Teter.
• the folks at the Reformed Presbyterian Church for your show of brotherhood, Christian values and heartwarming inspiration in reaching out to what could have been a lost soul and to others, from an inspired and proud community member.
• Barbara Smitherman for her excellent and accurate letter to the editor.
• those who did a good job marketing the Christmas tree lighting in a transition time, complicated by bad weather.
• the women of First Baptist Church for the wonderful basket of goodies, from Schmitt Elementary staff.
• marketing committee for the great job in marketing the city Christmas tree lighting.
• the Whipker family for donating the deep-fried turkey to the Asbury Church silent auction for the salad luncheon — it was delicious.
• everyone who helped with the lighting of the Christmas tree at City Hall, from Brenda.
• the singing bell ringers on Saturday at the east side Walmart.
• Larry and Julie Perkinson for being one of the families of the year.
• mom, Betty Bailey, for helping out while our refrigerator went kapooie and thanks for the great food.
• Jonesville Christian Church for hosting an awesome bean supper and hosting of the South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship.
• Larry at Auto Zone on Jonathon Moore Pike for replacing my headlight bulb.
• Marie Schroeder for being our Provider of the Month. You are so caring and good with your clients and we appreciate your hard work and dedication, from Seniors Helping Seniors.
• the nice ladies in patient services and the billing department at Columbus Regional Hospital for their help and patience.
• Stevie and Jenni Allman for hosting the wonderful family Thanksgiving dinner with all the food and games, from Mamaw, Reinnie, Pop and all the rest of your family and friends.
• East High School for putting up a 3-D school sign, from class of ’75 graduate.
Onions to …
• the local cardiologist office that is more concerned about collecting a small past due balance than helping a patient with a chest pain emergency.
• people who think they’re not stealing when they get a soda from the self-serve fountain after asking for a water cup.
• the company that is laying off long-term employees without properly thanking them for their service.
• the nonprofit organization that pampers those they have hired.
Happy Birthday to …
• Toni Ping, from your family and Donna.
• Rose Bode, from Bob, Jeri and Keith.
• Mike Morgan, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Melissa Johnson, from the family.
• Melody Wilson, from Brian and the kids.
• Melody Wilson, from Mom, Dad, Angie and boys, and Star.
• Betsy Myers, from Donna, Shirley, Bonnie, Charlotte and Pauletta.
• Rebecca Sue Calhoun, from brother Rick.
Belated Wishes to …
• John Hoover.
• Noah Miller.
• Bryce Harker.
• Becca Hunnicutt.
• Mark Grossman, from John Tinkey.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Jim Bob and Wendy Christy, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Belated Wishes to …
• Monte and Judy Gilliland, from friends at the Moravian Church.