Orchids to …
• The Republic for publishing Orchids and Onions, which we find entertaining.
• the two patriots who paid my bill New Year’s Eve at Waffle House, from Don.
• Hema and Stephanie at Target for finding my son’s lost winter hat as your compassion and customer service are greatly appreciated.
• President Obama for trying to improve the safety and security of citizens of the U.S.
• the city worker on Friday morning who pulled me out of a ditch about 6:30 a.m. when I went off the road, from Michael Gray.
• the Owsley family for its dedication and persistence in seeking justice, from Penny Petro.
• The Republic for publishing the facts with what happened with Cary Owsley.
• Jewell Fleetwood for his letter to the editor.
• all those in Columbus who are displaying the green lights in recognition to veterans, from a thankful veteran.
• the Columbus Container truck driver who informed us our left brake light was out, as it has now been replaced.
• Terry Sullivan who is a very kind and thoughtful neighbor who keeps our yard so nice and the many other things he does for us, from Connie.
Onions to …
• State representatives who want to eliminate reasonable and sensible current restrictions on weapons.
• the school district that appoints principals rather than have open interviews.
• the medical sponsor and mentor of the high school student for attempting to take over her senior project and change things.
• people who think black or African-American is the same thing as bi-racial.
• those who submit Orchids that are passive-aggressive.
• those who don’t realize some people with illnesses can’t control their illnesses no matter how hard we try, and we are still goodhearted people.
• county officials who do not enforce rules for trashy neighbors.
Happy Birthday to …
• Karen Ferguson, from your family and Donna.
• Alan Powell, from your family, Shirley and your neighbors.
• Faye Law, from your family, traveling gals and Donna.
• Angie Owens, from your family, Leta and Donna.
• Patsy Cardinal, from your family and co-workers.
• Bob Hawkins, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Judy Spencer, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Alexandra Hill, from the family.
• Bob Gilliland, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Emily Harker, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Pete Trotter, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ainslee Batt.
• Julie Begin.
• Rob Lamaster.
• Ryder Allman.
• Shelby and Sierra Skinner on No. 14, from Mom, Dad, Shana, Shane, Judy, Buttercup and Bella.
• best-ever Mom and Grammy and we love you, from Jim, Sherry, Ted, Madonna, Jamie and Jesse.
Belated Wishes to …
• Danny “Dad” Jessie, the man God blessed my family with, I love you and I’m honored to call you my dad, from your daughter.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Richard and Janie Fields on No. 30, from your friends from church.
• Bill and Laura Johnson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Pete and Julie Begin.