Orchids to …
• Ken Chandler for the excellent letter to the editor on making every person a protected class. We are already one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all.
• Liz and staff of Yats for a fun night, from Lea Ann and Frank.
• the Owsley family for showing us how to persevere no matter what and just keep fighting the good fight, from Patricia Booker.
• Columbus Department of Public Works for the awesome removal of snow in Columbus, from John Tinkey.
• Gail Wilson for all the nice things you do for Ashlynn, from Ashlynn and Doug.
• Landon Million for making the silver honor roll from Mamaw and Papaw.
• Brandon Andress for nailing it once again, from Patsy Welch.
• the Owsley family for continuing to fight for the truth.
• Hailey Million on a great report card, from Grandma and Grandpa.
• Wanda and Wendell Huff for the many good things you do for me, from Marie.
• Jewell Fleetwood for his letter to the editor spelling out the way we have gone against God’s will and our nation, and how we need to correct this, from Gloria Morton.
• Teddy, Keith and the Chipotle team for the delicious fresh food and excellent service as I always leave Chipotle happier than when I entered, from Cathy Melbert.
• those who have contributed generously to the David R. Burt Legacy Fund at Heritage Fund.
• Ryan O’Leary, the new sports editor at The Republic, for doing a great job.
Onions to …
• the mobile home park that does not deem it necessary to put down sand and/or salt when there is ice for their residents.
• those for not establishing and operating firearm training and safety centers in every city, but instead using their wealth, influence and power with politicians.
• the elected official for creating executive positions with high price tags.
• elected officials and people who think more guns and people carrying more guns is an answer to our problems.
• the person who wrote on social media about another person for the whole world to see instead of coming to that person face to face to discuss their problems like an adult.
• the people who would not help others when they got stuck in the snow and ice.
• the county for plowing an already cleared road.
Happy Birthday to …
• Tanner Ward, from Mom, Toby, Kim and Dad.
• Ann Lucas, from your family and Donna.
• Neal Newell, from your family, the Hanners and Donna.
• Ronnie Trowbridge, from Cindy, Sidney, Trace, Joe, Donna, Kari, Mike, Shelby, Olivia, Benson and Toby.
• Janice, from Kay and Joe.
• Lily Retz on No. 9, from Dad, Mom, April, Chris, Braelynn, Katie, Tommi, Uncle Sam, Aunt Misty, Logan, Garrett, Grace and Grandma.
• Linda Harrod, from Jan.
• Shirley Misner, from all your family.
• Scott Drysdale, from Debbie, Leah, Adam, Clair, Noah, Greg, Danni, Xavier, Kambry and all your family.
• James R. Weddle, from Grandma and Grandpa Weddle and family.
• Sara Galbraith, from your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Penny and Joe Stroup, from your family, Georgina and Donna.