Orchids to …
• the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department for rescuing the baby calf as you all are so awesome and we appreciate all you do for our community.
• Angie and the service department at Bob Poynter’s in Columbus for always being efficient, friendly and providing great service, from Ms. Williams.
• my pastor E.J. Johnson for always being there for everyone 24/7 and for being a true man of God who lives the life and has the love of God in his life, from Karen.
• Steve at Max’s Jewelers for repairing my solar watch and Wanda for the beautiful gift wrapping and courteous service, from Betty.
• the Columbus Indiana Philharmonic, Joe Willy’s and The Hangar for creating the hippest cool nights in Columbus with the Cabaret at The Commons series as these are truly the best things to happen in the performing arts in central Indiana.
• the Columbus Fire Department and firefighters for all their help and support when responding to my son being hit by a car back in December.
• Kristen Brown for saving taxpayers more money than has ever been saved in the past 24 years.
• all the VFW Bingo patrons who donated food and money to the Turner family and to all those who donated money on Dec. 24 for Kingston’s illness, from Thom Jester.
• Dawn Gale, Bartholomew County dental hygienist, for all you have done for our students over the past several years and best wishes in your new venture, from W. D. Richards Elementary staff.
Onions to …
• the person for being a hypocrite on social media by posting about stepparents in an attempt to suggest they will get theirs when you yourself have failed to ever be honest about your own behavior both past and present.
• The Republic for the anti-gun bias in the recent editorial.
• the members of the union who continue to pay dues for nothing in return.
• those who don’t understand it’s impossible to pray together with different religions when they don’t pray to the same God.
• those who wish to be treated as equals but yet at the same time want to take away the moral beliefs of those who disagree with them.
• the council members who cannot make a decision regarding emergency services.
• the public complaining about officials getting a pay raise as they should not have to work for nothing.
• people who get arrested time and time again.
• others who think they do no wrong and judge others for their imperfections.
• public defenders who get paid for inadequately doing their jobs of defending clients and being a good representative of them in court.
• the clueless union member who blames the union official for the company making new work rules.
• landlords who should keep their slummy houses in their own neighborhoods.
• the poor behavior shown by two business owners.
Happy Birthday to …
• Rhonda Day.
• Bruce Luzier.
• Lila Fox on No. 8, from Mom, Dad, Keegan, Grayson and Jackson.
• Pat Blanton, from your family, Mary Beth and Donna.
• Mya Blanton, from your family and Donna.
• Sally Simmonds, from Shirley, Donna and your neighbors.
• my son Steven Robert Dale West on No. 5 and I love you more than words can say, from Daddy.
• Beverly Hewitt, from Rodney, Rhonda, Tasha and the girls.
• Sherry Taylor, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tim Shoaf, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Drew Sterett.
• Matt and Max Shera, from Shelby.
• Steven West on No. 5, from Paw Paw and Nana.
Happy Anniversary to …
• John and Julie Johnson, from Pat and Mike.