Orchids to …
• the Bartholomew County Auditor’s Office staff, especially Catherine, for always being knowledgeable, polite, professional and patient, from Sheryl.
• Adam at the Kroger pharmacy for working with my insurance company to get my prescription, as your customer service skills go above and beyond, from Patricia Osborne.
• the crew from the Columbus Parks and Recreation Department who did such a great job clearing out the bioswales in our parking lot, from Mill Race Center.
• The Republic reporter Ben Skirvin for the excellent article that gave a wide amount of information concerning the FFA clubs in our county, from a supporter.
• the gentleman at the post office who gave me packing tape and prevented a second trip to the post office, from Beth.
• the lady at the post office in Hope for tracking and finding my package.
• the city garage for grading and new gravel on 19th Street and Cottage Avenue, from Judy Fields.
• the lady who paid for our lunch Thursday at Steak ‘n Shake, from Donna Wampler.
• Jeff Otte for coming back and painting for me again, from Robin Niedbalski.
• Wiggins Tree Service for the great job in Northgate Addition, from Mickie May.
Onions to …
• all the rude and hateful customers who come into the department store and are disrespectful to sales clerks.
• people who forget that people cause traffic accidents not the intersections.
• those for the loud jet noise and excessive train horns after midnight that really make me question why I continue to live here.
• the driver who pulled out in front of us Thursday afternoon and nearly caused a wreck.
• the outdoor trash can which is running over at the school.
• The Republic for delivering our newspaper five to six hours late every day.
• doctors who don’t know how to prescribe high blood pressure medication to their patients and allow them to leave without any prescriptions.
• local volunteers who are rude to the poor.
• the trash collector who wakes up residents at 5:30 a.m.
• those who complain about government recruiting new business to Columbus because this provides more opportunities for job seekers.
• the county official who does not take speeding seriously.
• supporters of the current administration who can’t stop criticizing the previous one.
Happy Birthday to …
• Joshua Monteleone.
• Adam Burke on No. 3, from Grandma Vivian.
• Michelle Clark, from your family and Donna.
• Sally Schneckenberger, from your family and Donna.
• Kayla Hadley, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Betsy on No. 10, from Mamaw and Papaw Hoene.
• Steve Hoevener, from Joe and Kay.
• Carol Watler, from your co-workers.
• Bridgette Van Horn, from friends at work.
• Kile Brown, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Pete Hoagland, from Bev.
• Michael Henderson, from Amanda, Caydence, Ayriana, Mom, Dad, Cathy, Shawn, Caleb, Jimmy and Cason.
Belated Wishes to …
• Susan Mellencamp, from your family.
• Bernice Wood, from Joyce and Mike.