A crew dismantled and removed the self-playing German-built organ that had been featured at Zaharakos since 1908. It’s new owner in California had it shipped to Maryland for restoration.
The Bartholomew County Welfare Department moved into new offices at 2330 Midway St., vacating a facility at State Street, where it had been since 1975.
The Bartholomew Consolidated School Board proposed a transportation plan to purchase, maintain and operate all its own school buses. The school corporation already owned 34 buses, but 41 vehicles serving the system were owned by the private citizens who drove them.