Story continues below gallery
From local surveys of hundreds of clients last year and conversations with community leaders, the Bartholomew County Public Library board developed the following five focuses through 2018:
- Satisfy Curiosity. Provide resources for lifelong learning.
- Stimulate imagination. Provide materials for reading, viewing, and listening for pleasure.
- Create young readers. Provide preschool programs and services to help youngsters enter school ready to learn to read, write, and listen.
- Connect and thrive in the digital world: Make high-speed Internet and digital downloads easily available.
- Success in school. Make sure students have needed resources to succeed in school.
82: Percentage of increase of wireless Internet use
38: Percentage of increase in downloadable items
25: Percentage of downloadables among all checkouts
6.5: Percentage of increase in visitors
Physical addresses: 536 Fifth St. in Columbus; 635 Harrison St., Hope.
Resources: Books, periodicals, music, movies, TV shows, genealogy, local history and maps, military records database, financial database, and other offerings. Many are available in both physical and electronic form.
Activities: Free presentations, children’s movies, concerts, book discussion groups, meetings, and other programs.
Information: 812-379-1266 or mybcpl.org.