Orchids to …
• Annette Kleinhenz for her academic accomplishments.
• Jennifer Stewart of the Cameo Room for the great perm and set for the wedding, from Sandy Retz.
• Dr. Matthew French for treating his patients with compassion and compliments, from Sandy.
• Faithful Friends in Passing for offering an honorable and much-needed service for our pets, from the pet parents.
• Don Strietelmeier for the excellent letter for the need to treat all refugees equally rather than selectively, with which I agree, from Ken Van Liew.
• Ron Shadley of Faithful Friends in Passing for being so kind and compassionate and treating my deceased dog, Tank, with the utmost care and respect.
• D shift at the Station 1 for getting things done around here and we appreciate you guys.
• the very skilled ambulance drivers who stopped to help me after my bicycle wreck and everyone else who came to help, from Kathy.
• Lee and Jewell Arthur for the ticket to the First United Methodist smorgasbord.
• all the wonderful people in Two Worlds for all their love and support for myself and my son during our hard time.
• Sandy Brockman for all your help over the last couple days with the family.
• Ryan Lauer for not accepting money from special interests, corporations or lobbyists.
Onions to …
• the Republican presidential candidate who mistakenly referred to a national tragedy as the name of a convenience store.
• the girl who hacks into computers and messes with my Facebook page.
• the school that still does not follow the school menu.
• those who complain about speeders when they probably speed themselves.
• People with no education who think they deserve $15 an hour.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dr. Brester of Bean Blossom Animal Clinic, from your satisfied customers and family.
• our beautiful niece, Kim Smith, from Uncle Rick and Aunt Donnella.
• Dorothy Walker, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Jerry Bennett, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Staci, from your family.
• Jeanette Stratton, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Henry Weaver on No. 7, from Grandpa and Grandma.
• Cole Olibo, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Adam Settle, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Michelle Hoover.
• Jennetta Tallent.
• Greg Sigman.
Belated Wishes to …
• Kelli Ross.
• Jonathan Galbraith.
• Paul Baultman.
• John Foster.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Darrell & Judy Richards on No. 50, from your children, grandchildren and granddogs.
• Garret and Christy Conner, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Belated anniversary wishes to …
• Nathan and Sheila Downey, from Elsie.