Orchids to …
• the staff of Zaharakos for honoring a World War II veteran Friday by taking care of his check.
• all who contributed to the Hope Veterans Memorial fund at the Moravian Cemetery during Monday’s Memorial Day service.
• the Symphonic Band at Columbus North High School for outstanding music at graduation.
• the food pantry for giving out pet food.
• the lady in the silver SUV for dropping off water to the construction workers Wednesday.
• the soloist who sang at the Salute! concert for a great job and beautiful voice.
• Steven Felds for his excellent letter to the editor in Wednesday’s paper and for speaking up for the majority.
• Sara Kittle and Lasting Impressions.
Onions to …
• the four teenage boys Tuesday evening at Donner Park who were climbing on the playground equipment, writing on slides, throwing mulch and leaving their plastic bottle on the ground.
• local newspaper that made true on the singer’s point that, by its coverage, Friday’s Salute! concert was a political statement.
• people who seem to be clueless on how to cross a street without the aid of stripes on the pavement.
• the local food pantries who give pet food away when people are in need of regular food.
• anyone who believes President Barack Obama has done great things.
• the singer who does not provide her own services but would force others to do so, even if they don’t see eye to eye.
• the people who forget the Bible says if you don’t work, you don’t eat.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kenzie Steinke, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Haleigh Dru Hoffman on No. 11, love Nanny and Poppy Hogan.
• Sammy Hitch, from Dustten, Samantha, Mom, Dad, Betty, Marilyn, Patsy, Penny, Donny, Charlie, Kirt, John, Jamie and all the rest of your family and friends.
• Callie Amelia Swegman, love all of your family.
• Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Justin Bailey on No. 25, from Mom, Dad and Lil Deb.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Brad and Susan Criswell.
• Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Deborah Lane Nelson and Chris Nelson, from your daughter Molly Nelson.