Orchids to …
• Columbus Parks and Recreation staff for all the hard work over the last couple of months getting the city’s parks ready for the season, from the Ninth Street Park Neighborhood Watch.
• John Axsom and staff at Sirloin Stockade for rushing to the aid of our mother when she fell Wednesday morning.
• Joe Arnholt and Tom Jackson for all the hard work and expertise they displayed in helping make St. Paul Lutheran Preschool and Kindergarten a 5-Star preschool and kindergarten.
• Wayne at Neal Paint and Wallpaper for great customer service.
• Childcare volunteers Dorothy and Albert Lane, Jayne Surface, Tammy Creech, Sally Brand, Maurine Weikert, Jennifer Towers, Jill Abram, Donita Brady and Kim Perry, from Turning Point Shelter.
• Lydia Rawling for your help at Turning Point Shelter.
• Advantage One for the efficient and friendly service from Ann Jones.
• Mathew Shuter for putting together Ira’s new personal computer, from the Montgomerys.
Onions to …
• the cat owner who let their cat mess in my yard four times this week.
• those for increasing gas prices when the price of a barrel of oil is still at an all-time low.
• people who think trash and garbage are art forms.
• the person who gave an Orchid to churches and people who push the Bible on others against their will.
• the company that doesn’t fire employees who sleep on the job.
• the driver who caused a dump truck to wreck and didn’t stop to check on the injured truck driver.
• the rude medical person who showed up at a car accident site Wednesday afternoon.
• people who don’t realize a lot of employers don’t have decent retirement, let alone insurance outside of Medicare.
• those who discriminate against the elderly.
• the person who took the “Feel the Bern” magnet off my car.
• the county for not mowing grass along East 25th Street out as far as State Road 9.
Happy Birthday to …
• Diana Biddle, from Pastor Carl and The OutReach.
• Niki Schoettmer and Trevor Adair from Grandma Kim, Grandpa Mark, Grandma Jean and Grandma Joan.
• Evan Dodd, Jerry Perry, Jackie Torres, Ellie Trotter and Micah Wallace, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Wilma Lopez.
• Tracey Waltz.
• Stephanie Robertson.
• Bill Malone from all your family and friends.
• Rachel Scott, from Daddy and family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bill and Jackie Runion.
• David and Brenda Simmons, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Scott and Anita Watkins, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• The Rev. Gordon and Hettie Tilley from friends at Central Wesleyan Church.