Vectren is completing repairs to a gas line in the 700 block of Cottage Avenue after a company installing fiber optic conduit line ruptured a gas line at about 9:35 a.m. this morning.
Columbus Fire Department spokesman Mike Wilson said the gas line was capped off at 10:17 a.m. and Vectren would need about an hour to make repairs to gas service at a home at 703 Cottage Ave.
Firefighters and Columbus police officers evacuated residents from six homes near the gas leak, and checked each one with a gas meter before allowing residents back inside, Wilson said. No injuries were reported.
For more on this story, check back here or pick up a Wednesday Republic.