Orchids to …
• Valinda at Block Advisors for helping a single mom with her taxes — free of charge — when you didn’t have to.
• Tom Lane for an accurate, excellent article.
• Tom Lane for the great “Missing the Point” commentary in Wednesday’s edition.
• Loren at Marsh for finding and returning my misplaced money.
• Chik-fil-A for not having Sunday hours.
• Tom Lane for his excellent column in Wednesday’s paper.
• John Quick for being a book buddy with us at Clifty School and giving us flowers for Mother’s Day.
• Tom Lane for your excellent column in Wednesday’s paper which clearly outlined people’s being versus choice.
Onions to …
• those who believe Hillary Clinton is going to do anything for this country.
• any civilian who is so insecure that they need an assault weapon.
• the church that cut down perfectly good trees.
• anyone who thinks our president is doing his job when he does not respond severely to terrorist attacks.
• family members who wait until you go on vacation and then call or text to complain about work.
• the nonprofit organization that asked my wife to cut her vacation short to work a 12- to 14-hour shift.
• people consumed with diversity and tolerance when they really should be worried about where they are going to spend eternity.
Happy Birthday to …
• Billy Bryant, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Kara Denton, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Morgan Siener, from Jeri, Sharon, Mom, Dad, Kamari, Grandma Siener, Grandma and Grandpa Diekoff and Jewell.
• Jarrett Turner, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Jessica Hartwell.
• Debbie Sims.
• Linda Galbraith.
• Gladys Simmons.
• Ronaca Goffey.
• Shane Skinner on No. 9, from Mom, Dad, Shana, Shelby, Judy, Bella and Buttercup.
• Jason Major, from Marian and Papaw.
• Belated Birthday to …
• Jeff Paetzel, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Debbie Settle, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Caitlin Schutte, from Aunt Elsie.
• Dakota Cruse.
• Traci West.
• Andy Mullis.
• Walter Dean.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ron and Chris Weidman on No. 27, from Mom.