It’s a big Saturday in Columbus — here are a few of the activities to enjoy.
Events listed for Saturday, June 25
Seventh Annual Columbus Indiana Artfest
– 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mill Race Park, Columbus. Outdoor art gallery showcasing original sculpture, paintings and jewelry, photography, glass, wood and mixed-media creations. Information: columbusartfest.com.
Third Annual MainSource BBQ Blues & Brews
– noon to 10 p.m., Fourth and Washington streets, Columbus. Free admission. A variety of barbecue-style vendors offering pulled pork, chicken and related fare at various prices as well as more than 20 craft breweries. Children’s activities. Live music beginning at noon and continuing until 10 p.m. Information: Facebook at BBQ Blues & Brew and 812-418-8918.
Columbus Farmers Market
– 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Cummins COB parking lot across from Mill Race Park, Columbus. Produce, flowers, homemade crafts, baked goods, popcorn, desserts, soaps, dog treats, chicken, eggs, wine, coffee and more, weekly music and community booth. SNAP vouchers accepted.
Columbus City Farmers Market
– 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., FairOaks Mall parking lot, 2380 25th St., Columbus. Rain or shine. Locally-grown produce, flowers, plants, baked goods, coffee and tea, artisan breads, pulled pork sandwiches and unique crafts. WIC vouchers accepted. Information: 812-378-0539.
Seventh Annual Firecracker 5K Race
– 10 a.m., Mill Race Park. Finish line is at Fourth and Franklin streets.
Car Show ‘N’ Soda Shop Fundraiser
– 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Flintwood Wesleyan Church, 5300 25th St., Columbus. Car show, burgers, fries and shakes, carnival games and dunk tank. Information: 812-379-4287 or email@example.com.
$5 Admission Day at kidscommons
– 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., kidscommons, 309 Washington St., Columbus. Reduced admission price in conjunction with BBQ Blues & Brews Fest downtown Columbus. Not valid with any other offers. Parking will not be available on Washington Street.
Free Cookout and Summer Celebration
– noon to 3 p.m., Ninth Street Park.
J.C. Brown Day Concert
– 1:30 p.m., Moose Park, 398 County Road 300E, Columbus. Remembering the late local southern gospel music leader. Featuring the Fields Family, the Judith Montgomery Family, the Richard Harper Family, and the Colwells. Bring lawn chairs.
Kiwanis Donner Park Variety Show
– 7 p.m., Donner Park shelter house, Sycamore Street near 22nd Street, Columbus. Columbus East High School’s Jazz Inc. will open the show followed by East guitarist Jalen Peak, guitarist and vocalist Craig Thayer and headliner Elements of Jazz from Seymour. Free.