Orchids to …
• the customer at Great Clips who “paid it forward,” paying for my haircut when my card was declined and I had no cash on me.
• Rhonda at Fazoli’s for helping an elderly couple select their lunch from the menu.
• Mary Ellen Grossman for her kindness and extraordinary help, from a disabled person.
• Clyde Campbell for winning the Jefferson Award on WDRB Channel 41 for his volunteerism and continued support of the St. Vincent de Paul Society Thrift Store in North Vernon.
• Peters’ Heating and Air Conditioning for fixing my air conditioner so quickly, from Linda.
Onions to …
• the lady in the grocery store parking lot at 5 p.m. Thursday who backed into our disabled son’s stopped SUV, causing damage to his vehicle and none to hers, and left without making restitution or offering him any form of insurance information.
• those for another beer garden in Columbus.
• anyone who would like to live in a subdivision with all the farm animals and their smells.
• those who are complaining about the road construction which had been well advertised with detours marked.
• people who seem to think only deranged people with guns do mass killings or individual killings.
• elected officials and residents who are so concerned about chickens being in the city when people take good care of them.
• the restaurant that doesn’t make its employees wait on people instead of standing around talking.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jeremy Carie, from your friends at The Republic.
• Margaret Sue DeBell, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Gay Ellen Whipker.
• Abby Smith.
• Tracy Thomas, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Brenda Tempest, from Pastor Carl and The OutReach.
• Mary Clipp, from Jerry and Carolyn.
• Julie Aton from Vicki and Chris.
• Tracey Thomas, from all the teachers, coaches and athletes you worked with at Yorktown High School.
• Bev Grable from Mom and family.
• Belated anniversary wishes to …
• Jeff and Teresa Hensley, on No. 27, from Mom and Dad.