Orchids to …
• Tim Ostrander for the pictures, from a Ninth Street resident.
• the waitress and lunch manager Tuesday at Cracker Barrel for the excellent service and compensation, from Carroll, Judie and Peggy.
• those at Hobby Lobby for the full-page “In God We Trust” ad in The Republic.
• Julie Ross for the wonderful military anthems tributes Sunday morning.
• Jacob Chadd for doing such a good job of singing “The Star-Spangled Banner” on Sunday.
• James and William for your kindness by power washing our house and cleaning our gutters, from Anita Lesnet and Bev Taylor.
• Cleo West for her loyal friendship over the years.
• those at Jimmie John’s on National Road for treating the elderly couple so well.
• the owner who rescued the collie, The Republic for the article and the animal shelter for taking in Bonnie the collie.
• Rust Unger Monuments for the great job installing the plaque on Sandra’s grave, from David.
• my excellent landscapers for such a great job, from Mary.
Onions to …
• local gas stations that are higher in price than in Indianapolis, where gas is $1.75 per gallon.
• people who want to study chickens when we have homelessness, rampant drug abuse, crumbling infrastructure and soaring crime rates in Columbus.
• The Republic for putting advertisements on the front page, downsizing the paper and then raising the prices.
• the city for not having turn arrows on the stoplight on either side of 10th Street for drivers leading to two big retail stores.
• people who set off fireworks until 11:30 p.m. thinking other people are awake.
• the newspaper carrier for not putting a rubber band around the newspaper.
• local churches that do not update their website and bulletins on their websites so people can read what their Sunday activities are.
• the people who compare chickens to dogs and cats when we don’t barbecue dogs and cats.
• the person who thinks one chicken on a leash in a yard will create a barnyard that will impact the whole neighborhood.
• all speeders and those who tailgate, as speed limits are there for a purpose.
• the rental agency that did not have the car, which was reserved several days in advance, ready and waiting at the time of the reservation.
• the nonprofit organization that is being run by out-of-town people and their friends.
Happy Birthday to …
• Charles Franklin, from your friends at McDonald’s on Third Street.
• Kristina Henry, from Serenity, Richard and Theo.
• Nancy Patrick, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Mark Romine, from Elsie.
• Betty Simmons Garrett.
• Casen Thomas Martin.
• Carver Mitchell Martin.
• Lee Mirracle, from the family.
• Theresa Swafford, from Pam Darla.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bob and Kay England on No. 55, from Buckie and Bev.