Orchids to …
• Sherry Grimes for the great letter as you said it very well.
• Beth Wetherald and the Wischmeier’s Nursery crew for very beautiful, creative and generous work for us, from Brian and Dawn Blair.
• Burt’s Pest Control for always providing excellent customer service and especially to Denny who thoroughly, knowledgeably and patiently answered all my questions.
• Heather, sales associate at the Carson’s Estée Lauder counter, for friendly and outstanding service.
• Leonard’s Tire Service in Scipio for fast and courteous service and the extra work you did for me, from Diane Brown.
• the people in Grammer who set off the fireworks I enjoyed very much on the Fourth of July weekend, from Barbara.
• Sherry Grimes for a great letter to the editor, from Christine Taylor.
• Dave and Louette Willard for all you do for your Thursday Night Family.
• the nice guy who bought my lunch Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, from the lady who took the day off from work.
• Meals on Wheels drivers for their faithful service, regardless of the weather.
Onions to …
• elected officials who are carelessly purchasing a building during a time when county government finances are tight.
• the organization that receives tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars yearly and does not attract better talent.
• those who continue to whine that they are poor, do nothing to improve their situation and insist that those who are not poor should be taking care of them.
• drivers who hit their brakes upon entering an intersection when the light is green.
• those who do not know that the speed limit on County Road 250E, north of Southern Crossing, is 55 mph, not 85 and not 35.
• the elected official who seems more interested in making a campaign video than being proactive in enforcing the laws and fighting crime.
• the owner of the store who should be ashamed of himself for constantly belittling his employees and calling them stupid in front of customers.
• the city for even considering the idea of allowing chickens to be kept within city limits, because they are known for causing various diseases and sicknesses, including a lung disorder called histoplasmosis.
• people who expect others to raise their children and grandchildren while they go out drinking.
• the neighborhood crime watch leader who doesn’t return calls.
• the man and woman who broke into my garage and stole my son’s two bicycles.
• the manager of a local restaurant who usually parks in a front-row spot.
• the letter writer who labels Democrats as immoral when Republicans chose a candidate over two others who are outspoken Christians.
• those who moved the time of Kids Day at the fair from 1 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Happy Birthday to …
• Larry Garris from Cara, PJ, Kelli, Adrianne, Madisyn, Josh, Laura, Nick and Landon.
• Dee Willett from your family, Doris and Donna.
• Deb Estes from your family, Rita, Bonnie and Donna.
• Staci Hufty from your family and Donna.
• Joyce Bragg from your family, Leta and Donna.
• Larkin Depoy, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Annalisa Wisdom
• Derrick Robertson
• Andrew Galbraith
• Logan Brown
Belated Wishes to …
• Carin Newman from your family, Rita and Donna
• Dina Martin from your family, co-workers and Donna
Happy Anniversary to …
• Jeff and Karen Sweet, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Betty Sue and Kenneth Fields, on No. 57, from Colene, Doyle, Juanita, Wilma and families.
• Judy and John Nickerson from Dove Ministries.