• Orchids to ……
• Kathy, Dawn and the unidentified gentleman at Mark Pi’s on July 7 for giving me CPR, from Susie.
• Columbus Regional Hospital emergency room staff and doctor, Tower 2 staff, Bo and Heather and Dr. Kiser, for the great care, from Susie.
• our officers in blue, who serve us every day.
• Ginger Wells for the green tomatoes, from Dan and Rita Garvey.
• Ted Cruz for standing up for his principles rather than endorsing Donald Trump.
• John Gant Air Conditioning for your quick response, from Janet Wheeler.
Onions to …
• whoever hasn’t thought of changing the signs on restrooms to XX or XY, as you can’t deny or change that.
• people who can’t look around Columbus and see this melting pot idea isn’t working so well.
• uptight, panicked liberals who will soon get to feel how conservatives have had to feel for the last 7.5 years.
• the person running in dark clothes at 9:45 p.m. on Marr Road.
• hateful people who use social media to spread lies about others and to elicit help in ostracizing them.
• people who don’t realize gossiping, glaring, staring and snubbing are examples of bullying behavior and those who use social media to encourage it.
• the local store that quit giving veterans a discount.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dan O’Connor, from your boys, co-workers and Donna.
• Vicki Bode, from Jeri, Bob and Carl.
• Brook Brown, from your loving mother.
• Mike Crull and Brenda Simmons, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jeff Sneed.
• Kayleen Fleener.
• Brilyn Wesley Martin.
• Cheryl Pendleton from Donna.
• Jay Palmer from Mom and Mike.
• Belated Birthday wishes to …
• Mike Carmichael, from your family.
• Sawyer Austin Brown, No. 1 on July 21, from Daddy, Mommy, Maggie, Papaw, Nena, Uncle Timmy, Uncle Jeremy, Aunt Kara, Nakia, Isabel, Dawson and Steven.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Georgina and Doug Burker, from your family and Donna.
Belated Wishes to …
• Kenny Newland, on July 21, from Pam.