Orchids to …
• all the new Cubs fans in town.
• the Columbus Police department for the gentle, caring help to me from the time they arrived with the wonderful medic staff when Doug collapsed and for the watchful escort to the grave site, from Ruth Lynn.
• John Foster, Sam Simmermaker and WCSI for broadcasting an event on the air, from a grateful person.
• the young man at the Big Cheese who helped me get to my car with my food, from the senior lady.
• Babe for everything you do for me, from Pappy.
• our respectful community who stopped as our funeral procession passed by, from Ruth Lynn.
• the organizers and volunteers of the Clarity/Pregnancy Care golf outing at Otter Creek for being friendly, courteous and helpful in providing beverages all afternoon to keep the golfers hydrated on a beautiful but very hot day.
• Dr. Forbes for being so caring and attending to the dry socket issue.
• Brian at Advanced Heating and Air Conditioning for excellent service and repair, from a satisfied customer.
• St. Bartholomew Church for countless kindness, support and guidance from Ruth and the family of Douglas A. Lynn.
Onions to …
• poor people who think everything should be about them and handouts when they could be working to afford what everyone else has.
• the coworker who takes advantage of the manager being gone and doesn’t pull their weight.
• persons who will not share their produce from their gardens.
• the county for waiting to widen County Road 350W between Goeller Road and State Road 46.
• those who like to use words like racist and ethnic cleansing, putting their ignorance on display.
• the people with the horse in their yard, brush pile in front of their house and who let children play out in the street.
• the church that is an eyesore with a lot of weeds and no landscaping.
Happy Birthday to …
• Robyn Foster, from your family and Donna.
• Ken Chandler, from your family and the old tax group.
• Deb Hendricks, from your family and Donna.
• Billy Bowker from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ken Chandler, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Nathan Ryan Gibson.
• Dave Sanders.
• David Bensy.
• Lenora Adams, from Gerald, Scott, Melissa, John, Cristi, Stanley and Vivian.
• Camden Kibler on No. 5, from Gigi.
• John Palmer, from Mom and Mike.
• Sheila Behrman, from Pat, Valeria, Julie, Debbie, Erif, Carol, Nancy, Cindy, Ann, Sheryl and Jane.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Robert and April Bryant from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Wendel and Colleen Guthrie Sweeney on No. 65, from John Tinkey.
• Lucile Jaggers on No. 26, from your husband Paul II.
• Bev, from Johnny.