Orchids to …
• the awesome mystery person who left the fresh corn by our front door, from Linda Elmerick.
• Athens Animal Clinic, Dr. Kochert and staff for your caring and ability to extend Emperor Maximilian’s 16-plus years, from Marilyn.
Onions to …
• all of the slow drivers who make driving around town difficult and a burden to go anywhere.
• the elected official for not mowing his lawn.
• the restaurant with small booth space.
• people who call my house at 11 p.m. and do nothing but complain about work.
• the city for not having a breast cancer boutique.
• the lady in the black Toyota Highlander turning right at a four-way stop for not stopping.
• the lady in the dark gray van with no headlights on in the fog.
• those who complain about traffic lights because they improve the chance of having a safe trip.
• the city for not having the 30 mph speed limit on North Indianapolis Road.
Happy Birthday to …
• Vicky Flora, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Kurt Heilman, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Dick Herndon, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Nichole Paetzel, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jonathan Sweet.
• Carla Hartwell.
• Elizabeth Kempel.
• Jonah Newton.
• Jeanette Freeman, from Marian, Imojene, Papaw, the Kirbys and the Millers.
• Emily Phelps, from the Phelps family.
• Teresa Gaskins, from your family.
• Jana Jones, from your family.
• Karen Hammel, from Brown’s Corner Chapel Church.
• John Adams, from Cristi, Sarah, Gerald, Lenora, Melissa, Scott, mother and Dad.
• Max Washburn on No. 5, from G.G.
• Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Sandra Tucker, from your old friends at Como Plastics.
• Hilda Miller, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Pat Herron on No. 95, from all the patrons at the Hope Moravian Church meal site.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Pastor Charles Kennedy and Kim, from Columbus Baptist Church.
• Bufard, from Sharon.