Orchids to …
• Clint, staff and volunteers at Noble’s Barbershop for the free back-to-school haircuts for boys and girls and for giving them confidence and making them shine, from the Bains.
• Adam Bain and David Bain for a wonderful vacation on the sunny beaches of Hilton Head Island, from Pat, Gavin, Emma and Ellie.
• all of the amazing women who came out to Paint a Tree to Prevent DV (domestic violence) at Tri-State Artisans last Thursday night.
• everyone who contributed to DSI’s quarterly blood drive.
• Betty Poynter for helping a disabled person Tuesday.
• Holly of The Republic’s Circulation Department for going out of her way to help a subscriber.
• the Tilleys and the Garcias for their kindness, from a disabled person.
• James at Best Buy for going the extra mile to help me find the right iPad for my cash register, from Aubrey, the grateful bakery owner.
• Team from Cummins that helped sort and pack at Orphan Grain Train Monday afternoon as the help is always appreciated.
• all of the men who pick up our trash on the side of the road.
• First Presbyterian Church for the lasagna and cookies, from the Columbus Regional Health family service.
• whoever left the nice gifts between my doors while I was gone last week, from a park resident.
Onions to …
• businesses that construct new buildings but let the old ones sit empty.
• the city for bus location stops that do not have benches.
• the city for a traffic light without a turn arrow at the intersection of Marr Road and 10th Street.
• The Republic for printing two disgusting and not funny cartoons.
• the public institution that treats its employees like dirt.
• the principal who does not allow parents who couldn’t attend the open house to meet the teacher on the first day.
• those who take driving for granted and consider themselves owners of the roads.
Happy Birthday to …
• Austin Smith on No. 18.
• Maryka Teltoe, from Pastor Carl and The OutReach.
• Brian East, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Trevor Patton, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Ron Miller (a.k.a Big Poppa), love Amy and Ethan.
• Maria Ward, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Evelyn Pence, from your family and Donna.
• Thomas Bigley Jr.
• Andi Hege, from friends at the Moravian Church and Grandma Hege.
• Evelyn Blackburn.
• Shirley Robertson.
• Laura Johnson.
• Teresa Coovert.
• Becky Crowder.
• Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Nicole Rider, from the family and animals.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Dave and Louetta Willard, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.