Orchids to …
• Dr. Brueggemann and staff for working me in when I had forgotten my appointment date, from Lana.
• Columbus Police Department and the Columbus North High School dean’s office for finding the owner of the wayward bicycle.
• Bartholomew County Public Library for parking its truck over a sink hole in the parking lot protecting patrons from injury.
• Tammy Hege of Hope Moravian Church for her hard work at the Hope Moravian free meal Monday evenings.
• Top Dog Car Wash for the great job of getting all the bugs off, from the lady in the white Hyundai.
• Silver Oaks rehab nurses station for sending me home with dinners and to the nice gentleman who sent me a turkey dinner.
• the honest person who found my wallet in Sam’s parking lot Sunday afternoon and turned it in, from L.T.
• the gentleman who finished paying for my groceries last Saturday at Kroger, from the lady who was short on cash.
• Tom Harpring, Susan Vass, McDonald’s, Ritter’s and Walmart for donating bingo prizes to the DSI adult overnight camp, from the DSI overnight camp staff.
• the awesome youth at The Sanctuary for a great job mowing yards, cleaning houses and doing various chores for the over 65-year-old seniors at The Sanctuary.
• the kind lady who offered to drive us to meet a friend at the municipal airport after waiting for hours.
• the couple who bought our dinner Monday at Applebee’s.
• fire station No. 3 on July 4 for coming to my aid and saving me, from your neighbor on the corner, Mrs. Richie.
• all the sponsors and participants of the Alzheimer’s ride last Saturday.
Onions to …
• residents who do not use their trash toters as specified and put it in small bins by the road, allowing animals to get into it.
• the people in the subdivision east of town for blowing their grass onto the street where it gets stuck on cars.
• whoever is responsible for mowing the median down U.S. 31 as it looks very shaggy.
• the jealous person who doesn’t realize that the stay-at-home mom has had training, taken classes and experience being a photographer.
• the nonprofit organization that has very poor management and treats people who have been there badly and takes advantage of them.
• people who keep neighbors awake all night by yelling and racing cars and motorcycles.
• the city for not fixing the street lights when we report them out.
• the business that does not treat their employees the way they ought to be treated.
Happy Birthday to …
• Paul Tomlinson.
• Alicia Higgins, from your family and co-workers.
• Isaiah Estes and Missy Slagle, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Herb Behrman, from family and friends.
• Oanh Mary Deo Campo, from all your church buddies, neighbors and friends.
• Marilyn Jester, from your husband.
• Michael Kurtz, from all your family.
• Diane Bradley, from Home Ec friends.
• Buddy Wilson.
• Kim Halstead.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bobby and Barbara Turner from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Alan and Becki Ashbrook.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning