Orchids to …
• Sheriff Matt Myers for making a Herculean effort to keep the residents of Bartholomew County safe despite funding challenges.
• the USA Olympic team for reminding us we still win all the time and remain the greatest nation on the planet.
• Duke Energy for restoring power Wednesday evening, as you are appreciated.
• Loesch Heating and Air Conditioning for great service and the great work they did on the duct work in our house, from Lois and Ron Brondyke.
• the county council for hiring an independent financial consultant — which it should use to audit county finances.
• Vickie at Lee Supply for going out of her way to find faucets for my bathroom, as I appreciate it very much, from Vickie Thompson-Best.
Onions to …
• the person criticizing the photographer/stay-at-home mom, as I wish I could have been so fortunate to have been home with my kids instead of constantly working at a job that didn’t allow me to be at home.
• the city for waiting until school started to address 27th Street.
• “momtographers” who ruin opportunities for real photographers.
• those who think Columbus is the best community overall because they obviously haven’t moved around much.
• people who fiddle with their cellphones while driving and cause wrecks.
• the city leader who made a joke about a devastating fire.
• the confused person who thinks painting everyone in the group of women with one broad stroke makes more sense than flinging out one individual.
• the business that requires multiple purchases or digital coupons to obtain any kind of discount, which is unfair to single or elderly people.
• the supervisor at a retail store who doesn’t give an older employee any kind of break then chews her out over a bad attitude when she’s just trying to work hard.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ron Placek, from Cheryl and all your children and grandchildren.
• Aunt Lisa Goodner, from Gavin, Annie, Sophia, Nova and Cora.
• Becky Calvert, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Marcia Starks, from your family and Donna.
• Venice Jones, from your family and Donna.
• Louise Coleman, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• John Arp, from Stacey, John and the boys.
• Jared Rutan, from Amy and Boone.
• John Carr and Leanna Harker, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Monica Kissling
• Judeanna Frazier-Bey
• Dianna Flack
• Aurora Marchiando from Brian and the McClintic family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Lesley Boewe, from Daniel.
• Vesta Dafron from Mary and Elsie.