Orchids to …
• Dave Jones for being a champion of the people and standing up.
• Jay and Karen Cole at Gramz Bakery and Cafe for offering our downtown area great coffee and baked goods.
• the Bartholomew County Council for bringing accountability and transparency to the budget process by hiring an independent financial consultant.
• the city garage department for trimming the tree on Countess Drive.
• the people who stopped to help me Friday on 25th Street and waited around until the police arrived, from Mary.
• Jeff and Ronnie for fixing my car, from Mary.
• the teller at First Financial Bank in Eastbrook Plaza for loaning me an umbrella Tuesday in the rain.
• my neighbor Kathy for always sharing her newspaper with me, from Paulette.
Onions to …
• people who act like there aren’t any places to get coffee downtown when there are already two locations.
• those who turned down an already successful business for a new location in The Commons.
• the rude lady Tuesday night at the local department store for not being patient when there was a serious situation happening in the store.
• the person who doesn’t understand paying for premium channels on TV doesn’t mean you’ll get premium reception.
• the local group for only posting updates about blacks and Hispanics and for discriminating even as they claim not to tolerate discrimination.
• the newspaper for increasing subscription rates for the same product.
• the police for not guiding traffic Tuesday afternoon at the intersection of state roads 11 and 46 when there was a major accident.
• the server who complains to the kitchen staff about customers loud enough for them to hear.
• the doctor who let a patient go because their insurance and circumstances changed.
Happy Birthday to …
• Brad Criswell, from family.
• Tony Garrison, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Richard Whittington.
• Tammy Fletcher.
• Kim Harris.
• Andrew Jacob Spartz.
• Mandy Harvey.
• Lowell Daffron, from Mary and Elsie.
• David Titara, from Carolyn, Jill, David, Drew, Abby, Heather, Scott, Trish, Jamie, Arianna and John John.
• Dickie McFarlane, from Jason, Chrissy, Elijah, Justice, Trinity, Clarity, Jamie, Amanda, Olivia and Chloe.
• Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Carola Peach Clark, from Mom, Cathy, David, Lauren, Annette and Matthew Peach.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Hanz and Christy Wiedersatz.
• Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Max and Connie Roeder, from Bob, Jeri, Mom and the rest of your family.