ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Latest on the gruesome killing of a 10-year-old girl from Albuquerque, New Mexico, (all times local):

2:40 p.m.

The city of Albuquerque is holding a celebration in honor of a girl who police say died a grisly death on her 10th birthday.

City officials say there will be free shuttles Sunday afternoon to a park where there will be a public memorial that is also being billed as a birthday party for Victoria Martens.

Mayor Richard Berry said in a statement that her shocking death has brought the community together.

More than 2,000 people are expected, according to the event’s Facebook page.

Authorities found the girl’s body in a bathtub in an apartment Wednesday.

They say she was drugged, raped and strangled before her body was dismembered.

Three people including the girl’s mother and the mother’s boyfriend have been arrested in the killing.


12:07 p.m.

The third suspect in the horrific death of a 10-year-old Albuquerque girl has made her first court appearance.

Jessica Kelley remained silent Saturday morning as a judge read the charges she faces in the killing of Victoria Martens. The charges include child abuse resulting in death and kidnapping.

Judge Chris J. Schultz says the case is one of the worst he has ever seen.

He ordered her held on $1 million bond.

The 31-year-old was the last to be booked. She had been hospitalized for a broken leg, which she suffered while trying to flee police.

Authorities say Victoria was drugged, raped and strangled before her dismembered body was found in a bathtub Wednesday.

The girl’s mother and her boyfriend have also been arrested.