DERRY, N.H. — Authorities say some homes were temporarily evacuated in Derry, New Hampshire, due to concerns over a gas leak.

A strong smell of gas was reported around 9:40 a.m. Wednesday at a condominium complex. The Derry Fire Department said a contractor reported it struck a gas main, and natural gas was leaking under high pressure.

Some residents were evacuated and crews representing Liberty Utilities were on the scene.

Residents eventually were allowed to return and no one was hurt.

VIAThe Associated Press
SHARE
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.