LAS VEGAS — An Australian man claiming the British royal title Duke of Manchester lost a bid for release from a Las Vegas jail, where he’s being held on felony and misdemeanor charges.
Alexander Montagu-Manchester’s defense attorney, Justin Glasgow, told a judge Friday that he and two other court-appointed lawyers are concerned about their client’s mental condition.
Montagu-Manchester has said he’s suffering effects of a head injury he received in a June 8 street attack.
Police confirm he was knocked unconscious, the case is being investigated and no arrest had been made.
Montagu-Manchester has been jailed since Aug. 12 on a felony false police report charge that the judge says violated terms of his release on a previous burglary charge.
The judge decided the 53-year-old Montagu-Manchester poses a danger to the community if he’s released.