Orchids to …
• our Cummins CMEP groups for helping to paint our group home, assemble drum bases and weed our front area, from DSI.
• Katrina and Tim Barr of Barr Plumbing for excellent customer service, from a loyal customer.
• James Gassaway for letting us use your camper as it was much appreciated, from the girls.
• the Columbus Police Department for helping us clean up our neighborhood from drugs.
• Uncle Bill Mitchell for mowing the yard, from Jeannie.
• the night manager and the woman working at the window at Walgreens on Beam Road for taking the time and trouble to look all around for a lost credit card, which we found in our car.
• Emmy at Ceraland for providing wonderful customer service every time we are there, from a grateful customer.
• the angel at Kohl’s who helped my dad find a pair of shoes Tuesday morning.
• Officer Clapp of the Columbus Police Department and law enforcement everywhere who serve and protect us every single day.
• John Tinkey for his letter in Friday’s paper taking a stand against the devastating consequences of booze which we all need to do before we have all lost everything.
• the Hope newspaper delivery person for being so prompt and putting our paper on the porch every time, from the Walsteds.
• Lori Rowan and Zeller Insurance for passing out free light bulbs to support law enforcement.
Onions to …
• all the liberals.
• the lady across the street who should mind her own business.
• the elected officials for their handling of the IT department which has had a number of people leave.
• drivers when they don’t have a turn arrow and fail to realize that oncoming traffic always has the right of way.
• the county for mowing on U.S. 31 North.
• public officials who refuse to return calls to talk to taxpayers about problems.
• doctors that never find out what’s wrong with you but insist you run back every three months to get prescriptions refilled.
• the city for wanting to take out all the beautiful trees and sidewalks from Donner Park to Noblitt Park to make it part of the People Trail just to accommodate a marathon.
• elected officials who do not mow the grass between Columbus and State Road 9 on 25th Street.
• curmudgeons complaining about the marathon costs who do not realize the economic benefits it brings to the city and that the traffic issue is minor in comparison.
Happy Birthday to …
• Elie Davis on No. 4, with love from Nana and Grandpa Davis, Aunt Katie, Aunt Sam and the rest of your family.
• Tim Kelch, from your family, Donna and Melissa.
• Jimmy Hoppus, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Tammy Larue, from Pastor Carl and the Outreach.
• Jim Tutton, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Willy Homer Cash, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Elie Davis, from Uncle Mike and Aunt Pat.
• Erin Ruffin and Linda Dollen, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Steven Hamilton, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Donna Robertson.
• Sonia Hill.
• Linda Crull.
• Bridgett Murphy.
• Becky Daniel.
• Mike Norman, from your family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Merrana Phillips, on Aug. 30, from Betty.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Herbert and Dorothy Hadley, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Phil and Flo Whited, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Bob and Vicki Richardson, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Clifford and Lois Olmstead, on No. 67, from Brenda.
• John David and Barbara Harker, from the Heges and friends at the Moravian Church.
• Valerie and Wade Hooten, from Mom.
• Aunt Linda and Uncle Puggy Foley, from the whole family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Beth and Kevin Noblitt, on Aug. 30, from Jeannie, Donnie, Bruce, Lynda and Tyocia.