Orchids to …
• Cummins for realizing it had a bedbug infestation and temporarily closing the building to deal with it.
• city garage for picking up a huge load of branches the same day I called, leaving the sidewalk spotless.
• Tim and Nada for the excellent fish fry and hospitality, from friends.
• Randy at Rust Unger Monuments for a job well done, from James Jackson.
• Rusty Brummett for being on guard and watching out for Raider Nation on Tuesday afternoon.
• Isabelle Sciutto for your generous offer as it is greatly appreciated, from Debbie Greene.
• 18-year veteran crossing guard at the intersection of Home Avenue and National Road, Gene Jackson, on your recent retirement.
• the city for repaving Taylor Road and the good, hard work, from a proud everyday driver of Taylor Road.
• the woman who found my purse in the cart by the Dollar Store and took it inside for them to call me.
• the stylist at Laurel’s Hair Studio for donating a dollar per haircut to Love Chapel this month, from Tina Nickle.
• Richard at the west-side Goodwill for his positive attitude.
• Donnie from Kroot Corp. and Keith for the difficult delivery of the bin, from Cheryl and Andrea.
• Pastor Warren and Helen Kirk for being my sponsor on the Indy Honor Flight for Veterans to Washington, D.C., from Robert Condon.
• the local accounting firm owner for paying the Humane Society’s large kitty litter and food bill at the store checkout.
Onions to …
• people who do not realize that Columbus Regional Hospital is not a trauma hospital.
• government officials who promised streets of the Everroad addition would be repaved in the spring and did not do it.
• women who took up four tables at a busy restaurant over the lunch hour playing cards.
• the neighbor who has a large camper blocking stop signs.
• the local elected official who stated in an open meeting that he ran for office and got elected so he could lower his personal taxes.
• people who do not have digital coupons on their smartphone screens, causing extra time for other customers in line while they search for the coupons.
• those who don’t realize that only people who are seriously hurt are flown to Indy, as the rest go to our own hospital.
• liberals worried about a Trump presidency that need to realize it’s their turn to feel the fear that we’ve felt for the past eight years.
• any adult chasing a teenager at 100 miles an hour.
• the dog kennel that does not have Sunday or holiday pickup, causing the customer to pay for more nights.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sarah Elizabeth Wheeler.
• Bonnie Baute.
• Tyler Jones.
• Jim Haislup, from OES.
• Jill Crull.
• Ronnie Simmons.
• Donnie Simmons.
• Judy Jackson, from your friends at Columbus City Hall.
• Myrna Dunaway, from Ronnie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Sam and Barbara Swinford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Jeremy and Brittney Newland, from Mom, Dad, Kaylin, Morgan, Jamie, Tammy, Dylan, Kendra, Carrie, Tyler, Jeff, Amy, Tye and Trey.