CAMBRIDGE, Md. — An Eastern Shore man says he took his daughter to an emergency room when she overdosed, but became frantic as they waited for help.
Warrington Baker tells media outlets that his 23-year-old daughter, Kainique, used heroin, but wanted to get clean. After her first methadone clinic visit last week, Baker says she had trouble breathing. They went to University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, but claims they were inside for up to 15 minutes before medical staff responded.
Baker shot video as his daughter gasped and later a security officer puts his hand near her mouth as if to check her breathing. When medical personnel arrive, they rush her back for treatment. Baker says she stopped breathing and was resuscitated.
The hospital says officials are evaluating the circumstances.