Orchids to …
• Tom Lane for his thoughtful, well-written letter to the editor.
• Julia S. Greene for your generosity and willingness to assist with situations, from Mom and Dad.
• Elva Cavazos and Betty Lowery for stepping in on short notice to take care of the Just Friends vendor table Saturday at the SEEK conference at Mill Race Center, from Chris at Just Friends Adult Day Services.
• Mrs. Bush and Mr. P for helping me, from Alex Marsh.
• everyone who helped make the John Terry Memorial Golf scramble a big success Saturday at Clifty Creek.
• Overhead Door for your quick response on fixing my garage door.
• the associates at Subway on Beam Road on Friday afternoon for the great food and service.
• my brother Rick Moss for all the good work, from your sister, Raquel.
• Columbus Scottish Festival president Justin Booth and planning committee for a great weekend at the 25th Scottish Festival.
Onions to …
• those who don’t realize that some lights have lefthand turn arrows, which do give right-of-way for those who turn left.
• the professor who made a girl in our class prove she was at hospice for her dying mother.
• the county commissioner for failing to apologize for his immature comments about former information technology employees.
• police for not enforcing the speed limit in the Grammer area.
• the bus driver who ran the red light at Third and Brown streets.
• elected county officials who refuse to understand failure to increase revenue will lead to the decimation of services and departments, as exemplified by the implosion of the county’s IT department.
• those making the phony IRS call with the recorded message, which is not how the IRS operates.
• the sixth-grade girls volleyball coach who is teaching winning at all costs is all that matters.
• The Republic for its poor coverage of 9/11.
• the newspaper for printing the same police reports twice in a row.
• the person who spreads corn all around their yard for all kinds of birds and then complains about stray cats crossing through the yard.
Happy Birthday to …
• Betty Tutton, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Emily Fleetwood, from Cody, Zoe, family and friends.
• Amahya Ritchison, from Great-mammaw Jan.
• Mary Louise Hamilton, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Squire McKinney.
• Addyson Barriger.
• Tonya Acton.
• Tina Dean.
• Mark Trisler.
• Doris Justis.
• Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Ryan Knowland, from Grandma Sarah.
• Easton Gates, from Mom, Dad, Kaydence, Steven, Grandma Jenny, Stephanie, Jessica, Skyler and Mason.
• Clarissa Pike, from Mother.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Dennis and Cheryl Mize on No. 37, from all the Mize family.