Orchids to …
• the captains and the people at The Salvation Army who go above and beyond to help those who are struggling, as I really appreciated their kind words and guidance.
• Officer Nolting of the Columbus Police Department for the special delivery Friday morning, from Debbie Greene.
• Tim Huston at Renner Honda for being so positive and fun while I waited for my CRV to be repaired.
• Coach Whitley for his dedication to the Columbus Express Soccer Club and commitment to his players and teams.
• Texas Roadhouse for donating delicious rolls after our service on Sunday, from Scipio United Methodist Church.
• Mayor Lienhoop and Columbus City Council for the refreshing change of leading and governing without creating unnecessary conflict and drama.
• Lisa Duke for buying our tickets to the Right to Life dinner.
• Dr. Shedd and all the emergency room staff for going above and beyond in their help with my husband, David, from Susan Prather.
• Bob Sluder on your retirement, from Karen.
• Chicago’s Pizza for hosting the Toys for Tots benefit Monday.
• Cummins, MainSource Bank, Columbus Regional Health and all the other sponsors, organizers and volunteers for making the Mill Race Marathon a community celebration and tradition.
• German Township Volunteer Fire Department for being one of the best volunteer fire departments in the state of Indiana, from John Tinkey.
• the staff at the Columbus Salvation Army Corps for their help and friendship.
Onions to …
• the department store employees who complain about the lack of time to get work done and request help from other departments, yet have time to stand around and chat with each other multiple times per day.
• the small business trying to raise money for the last 11 years and still has nothing to show for it.
• those who don’t understand any administration run as poorly as our administration deserves to be criticized.
• store employees who don’t seem very knowledgeable about their products.
• people eager to take liberties with the truth and conduct a smear campaign.
• church member who only comes for a free meal.
• soccer parents who feel the need to complain about paying increased fees and then also complain about the rescheduling of a practice that would otherwise not have taken place.
• the church that thinks people aren’t smart enough to find their own parking space and leave the space without assistance from church “volunteers.”
• the restaurant owner I overheard screaming at employees while I was paying for food.
• the city for having no stop light at 25th Street and Talley Road.
• the team for disrespecting our flag and not standing for the national anthem Wednesday night.
• the lady in the white Cadillac Escalade on Lowell Road who pulled out in front of me on U.S 31 across two lanes of traffic and drove 30 miles an hour, all the while talking on her cellphone and almost causing an accident.
• the store with the very wet and dangerously slippery floors Thursday night.
• two ladies walking their dog who let it defecate on the front lawn of the courthouse and did not clean it up.
• athletes who receive huge salaries and then show disrespect to the country that allowed them to obtain it.
• the car dealership that doesn’t stand by its customers.
• the city for closing down city streets before 11:30 a.m. on Friday, forcing people to pay to park in the garage just to pick up their packets.
Happy Birthday to …
• Andy Whipker.
• Jim Lyons, from your family and Donna.
• Betty Lou Roll, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ethel Stolle, from Browns Corner Chapel Church and Marcella.
• Brandy Walters, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Madison Roop, from Mom, Dad, Papaw and Mamaw Roop and Grandma and Grandpa Watkins.
• Julia Helen Swegman, from Mom and Dad.
• Betty Lou Roll, from her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
• Debra Bailey, from Betty and Wanda and family.
• Donna Thomas, from your family.
• Jim Lyons, from your Colts friends at Cummins COB.
• Cindy England Carlton, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
Belated Wishes to …
• Charlotte Williams, from Connie and Chris.
Happy Anniversary to …
• John Martoccia, on No. 22, from Aimee.
• Drew and Claire Runion, from friends at the Moravian Church.