Orchids to …
• the third- and fourth-grade students of Columbus Signature Academy — Lincoln for caring about animals and raising funds to make a donation that will help save animals’ lives, from Community Animal Rescue Effort.
• all Hope Elementary staff and Hauser Historians who helped make the Heritage Days Pioneer Village a huge success, from The Yellow Trail Museum and Barb Johnson.
• all those who greeted visitors or made floats at the Yellow Trail during Hope Heritage Days, from the Yellow Trail Museum Board.
• Greg and Bettie, Bill, Andrew, Steve, Chuck R., Kim and all who helped with setup, operation and tear-down of the Heritage Days Pioneer Village, from the Yellow Trail Museum Board.
• all who helped with displays, carriage rides, musical entertainment, crafts, games and the fish fry related to the bicentennial, from the Hartsville Bicentennial Celebration Committee.
• Zeller Insurance and MainSource Bank for supporting the Columbus North girls golf team on their message board.
• Mike Goodner for saving the day, from the Foleys.
• Columbus Regional Hospital, Dr. Lee and nurses during my recovery, and to Robert May, Pam and Pat for caring for me during my sickness, from Edward Thifault.
• Chris, for getting my medical-alert phone and setting it up for me, from Barbara.
• the caring community volunteers who made the Brighter Days facility a reality for those in need, and to Love Chapel staff for your leadership.
Onions to …
• the city for not taking beautification steps along areas coming into the city from the north.
• the person who decided to have a city employee use a leaf blower at 4:45 a.m. Thursday on sidewalks on Fifth Street, when most people were still sleeping.
• The Republic for changing the word “pastor” to “reverend” in my Orchid when the minister prefers “pastor.”
• the girls soccer coaches for keeping players on the bench for the last two games while exhausting their teammates.
• those who think people don’t send Orchids to… themselves.
• people who only tip 10 percent when they have good service while waitresses only make $2.13 an hour.
• whoever was responsible for scheduling the marathon on the same weekend as the Hope Heritage Days, putting Hope second.
• the manufacturing company that sent a worker to get a drug test for being too happy.
• the lady who pulled out in front of ongoing traffic on State Street and tried to make me feel guilty for slamming on my brakes, when I had the right of way.
• the house on Hiker Trace with junk in the yard because the garage is full, making a well-kept neighborhood look bad.
• the American medical racket.
• the administration that doesn’t want to hold other countries accountable for 9/11 but can’t wait to lower flags when a leader of a Middle Eastern country dies.
Happy Birthday to …
• Judy Meyer, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Michelle Harris, from your family and co-workers.
• Loretta Wheeler, from your family and Donna.
• Marsha Hunt, from your co-workers, Joyce and Donna.
• Bob Battin, from your family, Vince, Lisa and Donna.
• Steve Arnholt, from your family.
• Sam Baden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Noah Currier, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jan Marlin, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Amy Swinford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Barry Trotter, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Martha Newsom.
• William L. Heilman.
• Dani Carr.
• Betty Lane, from Jean Patrick.
• Brianna Wilson, from Dad, Melody, Keith, Bailey, Grandma Irene and Grandpa Ron.
• Jeremy Coomes.
• Lisa Shumard, from Missy, Jon, Shorty, Punky, Tyler, Kinsi, Ariana and Dad.
• Bryon from Judy.
Belated Wishes to …
• Connie Sherlock, from the Sunday Morning Breakfast Gals.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Joe and Kim Rader from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Jack and Joan Allman, from everyone in the Allman and Johnson families.
• Jack and Joan Allman, from your sister Alice and Don.
• Greg and Allison Walker, from Ken and Arlene.
Belated Wishes to …
• the Rev. James and Diane (Krumme) Hudson, from the congregation.