Orchids to …
• the ladies at Bible Church of Columbus for the meal you fixed for family and friends after the passing of our dad, from the Wolverton family.
• David Wilson for his support, from a disabled person.
• Adam Anderson of the Columbus Post Office for his assistance, from a Ninth Street resident.
• James Atkins for his letter in The Republic telling it exactly how it is.
• Jewel Fleetwood for a well-thought-out letter to the editor.
• family members who moved me last Friday and wouldn’t take any pay for doing it, from a grateful mom and grandma.
• Sean Cutrell for doing all the mulch around my yard in a beautiful way.
• the person who whistled at me and yelled “hey gorgeous,” from Mary Ann.
• Robert Campbell for his accurate comparison of a great man and a not-so-great man, from Gary Hallum.
• Bette Eichen for all your help all these years, from Wilma Huntsman.
Onions to …
• the writer of the letter to the editor comparing the Republican candidate to Abe Lincoln and not comparing the Democrat candidate to Abe Lincoln.
• those who call others racist and other names if they do not agree with them, because you should open your mind and look around and see what political correctness has gotten us.
• The Republic for too much in the newspaper about the marathon.
• companies who need to pay their employees better instead of expecting customers to pick up the tab with tips.
• waitresses who complain about low wages when fast-food restaurants are hiring for at least three times their hourly pay.
• ignorant people who think you owe them something.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kaushik Goon, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Tori Wilhite, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Casey Loweth, from family and friends.
• Lana Barr, from Peggy.
• Lillyah Jones, on No. 13, from all your family.
• Jenica Schaefer, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ayden Stroup.
• Kimberly Waltz.
• Roxann Maley.
• Scott Dailey.
• Tyler Ross Dailey.
• Noah Shipley.
Belated Wishes to …
• Dick Titus, from a friend.