Orchids to …
• everyone who sent a birthday card to Esther Claudine Bowers.
• Sally Reindl for her well-thought-out and expressed letter to the editor Oct. 5, from someone who agrees with her 100 percent.
• the nurses in the Columbus Regional Hospital Critical Care Unit for taking such good care of my sister, from Wanda.
• the Columbus City Council for the new chicken ordinance, from the Deiwerts.
• Barb Fawbush for all the kind things you’ve done for me since my surgery, from Martha.
• Pastor Wes Jones for everything you do for the family, all your love and all your kindness, from the Hankins and Elkins families.
• Heather at Centerstone for being so helpful in answering my questions over the phone.
• Joyce Welling for the delicious meal you brought to me after my recent surgery, from Anne.
• Tom Lane for his letter pointing out that the internet gives us too much information and not enough truth, from Sandy Boyd.
• The Republic’s pink section honoring those who have survived cancer and those who have not, from someone who has lost her beloved mother and three brothers to cancer.
• my great-grandsons, Keegan, Grayson and Jackson Fox, and my son-in-law, Tommy Brooks, for helping me put up 100 bales of hay and straw, from Mamaw Rennie.
• the wonderful doll-making ladies at Mill Race Center for their generous donation to Angels of Love, from Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center.
Onions to …
• people who change lanes on the roundabout because it’s dangerous.
• my wife’s co-workers and family member who send texts about work at 11:30 p.m. when we’re trying to sleep.
• new management at the facility that allows some employees to sit idle while others do the job of three people.
• the person who took my keys from a local shop, as I ask you to please return them.
• people who think the city should ban grills and fire pits in city limits.
Happy Birthday to …
• Steve Tomlinson.
• Sarah Kiste, from your family, Assemblies team and Donna.
• Cody Hege, from friends at the Moravian Church and Grandma Hege.
• Amy Keller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Davis Cole.
• Linda Pruitt, from Elsie.
• Rob Valek from your family.
• Gary Beatty from Pat and Mike.
• Ron Hatton
• Rosa Deal, from sisters Betty and Brenda.
• Katrina Smith from Mom and Chris.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Franz and Mavis Burton, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Bob and Sandra Gilliland, from friends at the Moravian Church.