SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. — Three Massachusetts firefighters are recovering after being injured in an apparent explosion during a Massachusetts Fire Academy training.
The Springfield Republican reports (http://bit.ly/2dJpAGs) two unnamed firefighters from South Hadley were hospitalized and later released after a Tuesday explosion at the South Hadley District 2 station. At least one other firefighter from Granby was also hurt.
South Hadley Fire District 1 Chief Robert Authier told the Republican that the explosion happened during a live fire training using the academy’s mobile live fire training trailer. He declined to elaborate on the incident or the extent of the firefighters’ injuries.
The fire training trailer allows firefighters to practice combating kitchen, bedroom and living room fires. It uses propane gas, the Republican reports.
The state fire marshal’s office is investigating.
Information from: The Springfield (Mass.) Republican, http://www.masslive.com/news/