Orchids to …
• the men and women who tried to help me catch my Dalmatian pup and to the gentlemen in the blue truck that successfully helped me, from Megan Lee.
• The Republic, Lisa Williams, Pat Dailey, Nicole Nicholson, Erin Jaggers, the bus drivers and all of my school kids from the bottom of my heart for the gifts, hugs and well wishes, from retiring crossing guard Mary Bannister.
• Cubs fans, congratulations on winning a playoff series.
• careful drivers who watch out for little squirrels who are busily preparing for winter.
• Columbus Fire Department Station 3 crew for helping residents practice a fire drill for National Home Fire Drill Week, from Cambridge Square Apartments.
• Dr. Reinhart and staff for going above and beyond for Niami, from Stacy, Amy and Addison.
• members of the Hope Moravian Church who helped with the church sanctuary remodel and changes, from proud member of Hope Moravian Church.
• Ogilville Church for the great hospitality, dinner once a month and the sack of food they send home with you, from grateful women.
Onions to …
• people who don’t think that immature men talk that way in private.
• people who park in the fire lane at the grocery store.
• the former elected official who can’t get over the loss and continues to post mean things on social media.
• people who support the Democratic nominee, from a loyal Republican.
• a city that spends millions on architecture to beautify the city then approves chickens in backyards, which will not.
• motorists who don’t slow down for pedestrians and cyclists around Everroad East.
• the newspaper for the messed-up, unusable Sunday coupons.
• people who are not courteous or respectful when calling or texting people at 11 p.m.
• to the person who said to turn your phone off at night, as phones should be kept on for emergencies.
• the neighbor that will not spay or neuter his outside pets.
• the person who thinks real men talk that way or that it is OK for them to do so.
• the person who complained that society has become oversensitive to how real men used to talk privately with other men, therefore I must not be a real man.
• people who complain about the train whistles which are governed by laws.
• the person implying it is normal for men to joke about sexual assault, when it’s not.
Happy Birthday to …
• Christian Trimnell, from your family and Donna.
• Kristen Jung, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Ashlee Manus, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Justin Coombs, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Susie Dodd, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Terri Young.
• Robyn Ferguson.
• Janice Whittington.
• Rosemary Cravens, from Brenda, Velma, Carol and the family.
• Tasha Wainscott, from your family and friends.
• Melissa Hendrickson, from Mom and Dad, Donavyn, Danielle, Ariana and Jon.
• Cindy Henry, from Mom and Dad.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Louie and Sherry Grable, from your family and Donna.
• Jeff and Adora Paetzel, from friends at the Moravian Church.