Orchids to …
• Dell Brothers on your 100 years of business success, from Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce.
• people finally realizing that Columbus really doesn’t care about the arts and know when to stop beating a dead horse.
• Kathy Toburen for being the best mother-in-law.
• Jon Stoner for letting me ride in your combine, from Nolan Brinker.
• Tony, Debra and the Zaharakos staff for the wonderful visit, museum tour and acts of kindness, from Donna Rueff.
• Republican Matt Miller for a great job and great answers at the forum Wednesday night and for running for county council and trying to straighten out the mess the county has gotten us into.
• everyone who made Esther Claudine Bowers’ 87th birthday special, from her daughter, Diane Brown.
• Kent Johnson, on your retirement from Columbus Regional Hospital after 37 years of service to patients and families in our community, from your family.
Onions to …
• people who believe if “immature men talk that way in private” that they are anywhere near fit to become president.
• the nonprofit that always has a tale of woe as it heads into its major fundraiser.
• all who believe, “My political party, right, or wrong.”
• those who do not realize that life is too short to be taken seriously and lewd remarks are immoral.
• the slow emasculation of the American male.
• the election process, it being ridiculous that now a foreign country is involved.
• county commissioners who were not at the forum Wednesday night.
• the Onion writer who thinks to be a real man you need to use vulgarity.
• letting people talk about sexual assault in this election, a distraction from the real issues.
• to the train operators who exceed the federal limits of horn blasts per railroad crossing.
• men who brag of their sexual conquests and all of the vulgarities associated with it, strong expressions of a weak mind.
• my thoughts and sometimes off-color comments, which will certainly disqualify me from being president of the United States.
Happy Birthday to …
• Chris Herr, from your family and Donna.
• Rosanne Klakamp, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Bev Grimm and Gloria Hudson, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Cheryl Tracey, from Julie, Carole, Nancy, Cindy, Eric, Sheila, Debbie, Anne, Pat, Valeria and Jane.
• Dale Shrader and Aaron Sweet, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Haylee Acton
• Martina Jackson
• Arlene Dailey
• Bobby Fields and Joyce Adams, from your brother Mike.
Belated Wishes to …
• Enid Kemp from Barbara.
• David Bauerle from Dawn, Steve, Cody and Shilee.