Orchids to …
• the residents of Columbus for paying less and less attention to the social media rantings of a former public official.
• Dawn Pedigo for being there during the roughest times, from Chris and Kim.
• Sabrina Johnson and your wonderful Cummins team for volunteering at Turning Point Shelter Friday.
• Doug Showalter for his excellent article in Saturday’s newspaper.
• Doug Showalter for his heartfelt article in Saturday’s paper.
• Doug Showalter for his column in Saturday’s paper reminding us to count our blessings, from a grateful reader.
• the deputy sheriff who was so kind to the elderly gentleman who was trying to make his way to his brother’s funeral.
Happy Birthday to …
• Shane, from Lisa, Eli, Luke and Olivia.
• Lorene Marshall, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Cheri Anderson, from your family and Donna.
• John Cain, from your family and Donna.
• Jim Cabbell, from your family and Donna.
• Samuel Johnson, Laney Dempsey and Helen Redmond, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Kevin Scott Schuette, from Aunt Elsie.
• Keith Wilson, from Dad, Melody, Brianna, Bailey, Grandma Irene, Grandma Hazel, Grandpa John and Grandpa Ron.
• Nova Jo Elkins, from Gavin, Anni Kay, Sophia, Journey, Payton and the rest of the family.
• Sofia Mendoza, from Great-Mammaw Jan.
• Hettie Burton, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• John and Lea Cain, from your family and Donna.
• George and Jennifer Lockhart, on No. 50, from your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
• Chris and Beth O’Brien and Craig and Shannon Sims, from friends at the Moravian Church.