Orchids to …
• Al of First Financial Bank for an umbrella, from a disabled person.
• people who help a disabled person to the laundromat.
• Tami Lowe and staff at TSL Bookkeeping, Accounting and Tax Inc. on Cottage Avenue for always going above and beyond for our business and personal tax needs.
• Kristen Brown for continuing to weather personal attacks.
• Turning Point Domestic Violence Services for supporting the Men Take a Stand event and to those who stood up for healthy relationships in Bartholomew County.
• Salin Bank for offering live banking experiences from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• the people at Columbus City Hall who know the difference between COLA and CPI.
• Columbus East football coach Bob Gaddis and the four very impressive, well-spoken players he brought with him to speak at the Meridian Kiwanis noon meeting Thursday, from Bob DeDominic.
• the Duke Energy crew that quickly restored our power Thursday morning after the storm, from Ron Hatton.
• the nice gentleman I ran into Wednesday at the east side Walmart as I was going back in to get my hair trimmed.
• Lisa Deaton for her right-on letter to the editor.
• the young lady and gentleman who helped the handicapped lady to her car at Bed, Bath and Beyond during the rain storm, as your help was much appreciated.
• the lady at the west side Walmart who brought over a bag of candy when my granddaughter was throwing a fit in the check-out line.
• our friends Don and Paula Sturgeon for being such good friends and coming to our rescue when we needed it, from your friends Evelyn and Charisse.
Onions to …
• our current local administration for its incompetence and those that continue to support it.
• the owner of the company who gave all production, shipping, warehousing and trucking employees a second raise this year but not a cent for office workers, from employees.
• the former official who can’t accept a loss with grace and dignity.
• the shop manager who used vulgar language when addressing my 16-year-old daughter.
• those who accuse the new mayor of concealing information, lack of transparency, etc., when in fact they themselves conceal what they’re actually working on in their own workplace, make excuses, etc.
• the current elected official for his embarrassing conduct at the last city council meeting.
• those who still don’t realize that some Democrats joined with some Republicans to make sure the previous mayor lost the election and that the entire Columbus population didn’t vote said mayor out of office.
• anyone who can cast a vote for Hillary Clinton.
• the elementary basketball coach for the devastation caused by not letting a sixth-grader who was on the team last year make it again this year.
• The Republic for the front-page picture of the female volleyball player that was highly distasteful, inappropriate and disrespectful to the girl and to the sport.
• politicians, local and perhaps federal, who cannot accept loss and concede gracefully.
• the utility company for not reading meters properly, causing a huge amount to catch up on.
• the elected official who wanted the position but does not know how to deal with the conflict that comes with the position.
• the school bus that pulled out in front of me at 3:26 p.m. Thursday eastbound on State Road 46 and didn’t even use a turn signal.
• the closing of the street causing voter inconvenience.
• whoever stole our Donald Trump sign from our front yard.
• those who would vote for a candidate who supports late-term abortion.
• the elected official who is being repaid for his behavior during the prior administration.
Happy Birthday to …
• Barbara Meredith, from Eric, Sarah, Michael, Heather and Nolan.
• Billy Lazzell, from Mom and Dad.
• Randy Gearhart, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Gladys Reece.
• Tristan Mathers, on No. 12, from Grandma Debbie, Roger, Harlee, Mom, Travis, Ashley, Tyler, Kitty, Nana, Ron, Sharon, Ray Ray, Josh, Ashley and Myles.
• Macy Coers, on No. 13, from Nana, Grandma and Grandpa Coers, Mom and Dad, Riley and Reid, and the rest of your family.
• Karli Mae Jessee, on No. 18, from Dad, your family and friends.
Belated Wishes to …
• Gwen Meagher, from a good friend.
• Rachel George, on No. 21, from Dad.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Steve and Dawn Wilson, from friends at the Moravian Church.