Orchids to …
• Neal at Centra on National Road for your patience in helping me with my check verification on Thursday, from a satisfied customer.
• Barbara and Gordon Schnadinger for everything you did to help me after surgery and for being so sweet for buying coats for your great-grandsons, from Jenny Kessler.
• Dave Jones, Phil Swaim and Sharon Scobel, for their letters to the editor.
• Russell Poling, Phil Weick and Steve Collins, for their letters to the editor.
• the driver of the street sweeper who did a great job clearing leaves from Fairlawn Court Thursday.
• ChemDry of Columbus for the excellent cleaning of our rug and to Cory and Scott for moving the sofa and the chest, from John and Judy Lind.
• Mary at Donner Center for seeing to it that my elderly parents could vote together and to the super volunteers there for all you do to accommodate voters, from Becky.
• Dr. Steve Newton for your assistance with our dog even though it was your day off, from Jack and Julie Greene.
• the nice couple who stopped to help me get my husband up after he fell on 25th Street, from Susie Prather.
• the person in the blue van who paid for my breakfast at McDonald’s on Friday morning.
Onions to …
• the Bartholomew County farmer who spread liquid manure on Halloween afternoon and made trick-or-treating very disgusting.
• all companies without enough handicapped parking places.
• those who allow male and female uniforms that are too skimpy for school events.
• The Republic for not publishing the box score of Wednesday’s World Series game in Friday’s paper and for not putting the used car section in.
Happy Birthday to …
• Chad Buehler, from your family and Donna.
• Ali, from your friends at City Hall.
• Jayla Brenae Haeseley Fritzhe, on No. 19, from Mom, Dad and the rest of your family.
• Cindy Buchta, from all your family.
• Cristy Conner from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Zachary Miller, on No. 20, from Mamaw Kirby, Uncle Shane, Aunt Tiara, Imogene, the Kirbys, Dad, Mom, Lyndsay and Weston.
• Jackson Fox, on No. 12, from Mom, Dad, Keegan, Grayson and Lila.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Buck Imlay on No. 56, from Carolyn.
• Tim and Janet Thayer, from friends at the Moravian Church.