Orchids to …
• East Columbus United Methodist Church for an awesome Thanksgiving dinner and their awesome Sunday worship service.
• Barkes, Weaver & Glick Funeral Home and staff, Garland Brook and staff, Bartholomew County Veterans Honor Guard, Indiana Army Honor Guard, Pastor Jerry Ballard, all the traffic that stopped and the young people that stopped working along Eighth street for the respect they showed us, from the family of Bill Lovins.
• our local Applebee’s for the tribute to our veterans by providing free meals on Friday, from a veteran.
• those who believe the laws in our country should be upheld.
• Marilynn Cheek for always being there, from Cheryl.
• brother Kenny and sister Judy Lee for bringing me Thanksgiving dinner from Sixth Street Church as I was sick and unable to attend, from Arvella.
• German Township Volunteer Fire Department for its quick response and the neighbor who alerted me to the fire.
• Kirk Johannesen for his awesome news reporting and his kindness every day.
• Michael Carson, for the calendars.
Onions to …
• teachers who announced in class the election of a certain presidential candidate as if it was like 9/11.
• anyone believing that holding hands and singing kumbaya will actually accomplish anything except maybe spreading germs.
• people who keep harassing other people about politics.
• local governmental employees who get too many days off for holidays and other things when they should be working.
• students who need to be going to school instead of trying to find ways to get out of school.
• the homeowner on the city’s northeast side who has been allowed periodically to put up blatantly racist yard displays under the guise of free speech.
• the store that neglects the fish it sells.
• the city for not having a YMCA.
• a certain candidate’s supporters who tout honor and patriotism only when their candidate wins.
• The Republic for having an advertisement on the front of the paper.
• the bus driver who far exceeded the speed limit.
Happy Birthday to …
• Nancy Malan, from your family and Donna.
• Emmeline Johnson, from your family and Donna.
• John Lee, from a friend.
• Joann Essex, from Pastor Carl and The Outreach.
• Betty Monday, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Dee Jessee, from Darrell, Mae, Gary, Karli and family.
• Autumn Elkins, from Jenny, Joy, Shawn, Peggy, Adam, Lily and grandmother.
• Cortney Hagemeier, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Danielle Fields, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lindsey Hedrick.
• Elaine Trotter.
• Elizabeth Tedder.
• Emily Tedder.
• Mike Emmert.
• Rob Henry.
• Gloria, from a friend.
• Annie Timbrook, from your family.
• Autumn Elkins on No. 21, with love from Mom and Hector.
• Ashley Bush, from J.C., Orie, Garrett, Lyla, Mom, Ambra, Bella, Mammaw and Papaw Vannice, Granny and Paps Hitch, Royce, Taylor, Marilyn, John, Patsy, Penny, Charlie, Donny, Sammy and the rest of your family and friends.
Happy Birthday to …
• Donna Ostick, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Derrick Klinker, from Ms. Marie.
• Dee Rogers, with love from Grandma Jackie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Martha and Jerry Grinstead, from Carmen, Ryan and Hilary.