Orchids to …
• Larry and Marilyn Brackney for the great job on the Déjà Vu Art and Fine Craft Show at the Commons, from Randy and Lois Kimery.
• Keepsake Village for their wonderful Veterans Day breakfast and afternoon program for the veteran residents.
• Hauser FFA members and adviser Aleesa Dickerson for serving Monday night at the Moravian Church.
• June Mires Manley for your love and wisdom and memories you have given me over the years, from Laura.
• Zohi at Marsh for her pleasant personality and her help to me Saturday night, from a grateful customer.
• Renner Motors and all the staff for the beautiful memorial in The Republic for Wayne O’Haver.
Onions to …
• the city for not having Vice President-elect Mike Pence as the guest of honor at the Festival of Lights Parade this year.
• emergency service providers that wouldn’t respond to a medical emergency, but responded to a gas leak a couple minutes later while other departments were covering their medical call.
Happy Birthday to …
• Denny Cottongim, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Jan Burns, from your family and Donna.
• Thelma Wilson, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Stacy Hege Tapke, from Grandma Hege.
• Jason Hoover.
• Gary Henderson.
• Reid Thayer.
• June Mires Manley on No. 99, with love from your grandchildren.
• Jeremy Whittington, with love from Mom, Josh, Austyn, Jessica and Kevin.
• Diane Engelking, from Betty.